Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A French small exhibit from last month

2 posters

Go down

A French small exhibit from last month Empty A French small exhibit from last month

Post  furuya Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Hello to All,

recently we had a small exhibit with a friend in South French. Here I share before my stones and after those of
my friend.

A French small exhibit from last month Img05615

A French small exhibit from last month Img05616

(last dragon's tear)

furuya

furuya

Back to top Go down

A French small exhibit from last month Empty Re: A French small exhibit from last month

Post  furuya Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:53 pm

Here other stones:

A French small exhibit from last month Img05715

A French small exhibit from last month Img05716

(matron)

furuya

furuya

Back to top Go down

A French small exhibit from last month Empty Re: A French small exhibit from last month

Post  furuya Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:56 pm

other stones:

A French small exhibit from last month Img05717

A French small exhibit from last month Img05718

A French small exhibit from last month Img05719

furuya

furuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:53 am

Hi Marco... Thanks for sharing.

Perhaps, Deng can help in reading the calligraphy scroll... study
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  furuya Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:00 am

Hi Chris,

the calligraphy scroll says:

Mean Man speaks with his tongue
Good Man with his actions

marco

furuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi Marco... I've been pondering your "matron" stone, which seems identified perfectly by your naming. What is it about “the matron” that the stone conveys? What is the relationship between the tabletop-size folding screen & the matron stone?

Thanks for the calligraphy translation. Would you be willing to share your thoughts on stones, calligraphy & expression of morality in this display or more broadly? I appreciate that you think deeply.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  furuya Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi Chris,

your questions are always relevant, thanks .
For "matron" and her son, because there is a son on mother's arms if you look carefully , and the tabletop-size
I thought to a bridge between Roman and Japanese Age : women and her intimate lifes did never change
across centuries, so I needed to put together different life-styles.

First stone comes from Gobi desert, so my friends gave it a poetic name, last dragon's tear, and the scroll
shows a river and a canoe, spiritually a voyage towards an unknown world.

Third stone comes from North Italy, a light limestone, a mountain landscape.

Last stone comes from Spanish Basque mountains, it is similar to Ligurian Limestones maybe
a little darker, but it is always the same material.

Hope you wille be satisfied sunny

marco

furuya

Back to top Go down

Post  furuya Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:17 pm

Now I will show you the stones of my friend François :

A French small exhibit from last month Img05810

A French small exhibit from last month Img05811

A French small exhibit from last month Img05812

A French small exhibit from last month Img05813

A French small exhibit from last month Img05814

marco

furuya

Back to top Go down

Post  furuya Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:20 pm

more stones:

A French small exhibit from last month Img05815

A French small exhibit from last month Img05816

A French small exhibit from last month Img05910

A French small exhibit from last month Img05911

marco

furuya

Back to top Go down

Post  furuya Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:23 pm

last ones :

A French small exhibit from last month Img05912

A French small exhibit from last month Img05913

A French small exhibit from last month Img05914

A French small exhibit from last month Img05915

A French small exhibit from last month Img05916

Enjoy,

marco

furuya

Back to top Go down

Post  furuya Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Another one to show you all exhibit:

A French small exhibit from last month Img05617

marco

furuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi Marco... Your friend François is remarkably talented. These stones are engaging, unpretentious & look very natural. Their small size works to advantage when gathered in groups. While not a slave to traditional mountings, arrangements or stone choices, François respectfully incorporates tradition.

Several of his figure stones are similar to Andrea Schenone's in drawing a heartfelt grin. Others are so indistinct in contour but engaging for other qualities (color, pattern) that they enliven the space. I particularly like the four stones on a single slab where three (human & eccentric in contour) at each corner observe the fourth colorful stone. One figure stands erect, another bows (looking the perfect Mi Fu!) & the third figure clasps hands behind his back. They direct mystery & imagination to the less-defined, colorful fourth stone, which profits from the attention.

In addition to interesting selections & arrangements, the stones' mountings display high craft skill and very appealing modesty. With modesty & humor, the stones relate the condition of man & nature reverently. Perhaps they offer lessons in appreciating life.

Thanks for the close-up of the stone & its mounting in the premier (top) position on one of two displays. It appears to have a carved basin (or extra mounting mortise) on its seating. I imagine a ball (or jewel/pearl) normally held in the spot to clarify the stone representing the head of a "Rising Dragon among Clouds." Without the sphere, my projection is less likely. Do you know the owner's intent?

"Rising Dragon" from sencha sago (scoop for whisked tea)...
A French small exhibit from last month Sago-k10

Last edited by Chris Cochrane on Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  furuya Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:04 pm

Chris,

We didn't have the time to discuss with François, who BTW has been one of student of Suzuki for Bonsai.
I put one of his woods here:

A French small exhibit from last month Img06010

We are in contact, so I will ask him for knowing the meaning of his displays, but I'm sure you are right in your
interpretation, because me too I saw the same like you.
Soon you will have an answer,

marco

furuya

Back to top Go down

Post  furuya Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi Chris, Hi All,
my friend answered to your questions, Chris.
Here below his explanations :
First display:
Theme: "diversity": a dog defending its bowl, arch stone, a variolite,un marabou, a mountain stone,
here the marabou stone lost before:

A French small exhibit from last month Img_0510

Second display: "personages":to left Giacometti sculpture (Swiss painter and sculptor), here below one of his sculptures:

A French small exhibit from last month 1028_310

Poete Mi Fu , buddha inside stone, Venitian doge, to right woman and her son.

Third display:"The river Durance" Big variolite ( variolite is a igneous rock containing varioles ( a pea-sized spherule found in igneous rock and usually consisting thereforeof radiating crystalls of plagioclast or pyroxene, for those who arn't familiar with this kind of stones) found in river Durance (in Europe you can find only here in this river(south French)), which come from mountain, a riff stone showing water erosion, to right a stone cliff with cave and in front an island ; you can see water from mountains to sea.

François apologizes because his displays arn't always along kazari rules, but his intent was to be educational for guests.

Hoping you will be satisfied,Chris, if you are further questions, don't hesitate please.
Best wishes,

marco

furuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down