Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5.9 earthquake hits Central Virginia

+2
JimLewis
nguyen75
6 posters

Go down

5.9 earthquake hits Central Virginia Empty 5.9 earthquake hits Central Virginia

Post  nguyen75 Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:56 pm

centered northwest of Richmond, Va., Washington, D.C., and some of my friend live far north as Rhode Island and New York City was felt the earthquake . I went home check out my trees and fish they ok cheers lol!
nguyen75
nguyen75

Back to top Go down

5.9 earthquake hits Central Virginia Empty Re: 5.9 earthquake hits Central Virginia

Post  JimLewis Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:32 pm

I was in the car at the time and didn't feel it, but others did.

There was a 6.0 quake on the Colorado - New Mexico border last night, too.

Damage very slight in either.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

5.9 earthquake hits Central Virginia Empty Re: 5.9 earthquake hits Central Virginia

Post  Todd Ellis Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:08 am

We had some things fall off shelves. Two of my Taihu stone fell out of their bases and broke into pieces. As I'm writing we just had another after-shock, pretty big which lasted 8-10 seconds... gotta go....
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:48 am

Scared the $#!% outta me. Lasted for about 20 seconds here. And I live about 45 minutes to an hour away. They say they felt it all the way up to Toronto.

Now now now Jim, they say if you're on the road while an earthquake is occurring, to pull over. I mean, how do you know one is going on Rolling Eyes

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:02 pm

That was NOT an earthquake yesterday. It was the Founding Fathers collectively rolling over in their graves!
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm sure you are correct (I almost said "right") Russell. They'd be so ashamed of us all.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  nguyen75 Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Russell Coker wrote:That was NOT an earthquake yesterday. It was the Founding Fathers collectively rolling over in their graves!
you are funny man Russell Laughing when mine kid was little they can not sleep when thunder and lighting i use to tell them it they supper hero Thor and Hulk fighting together that how they made noise , and they are asking so why raining i said to them they drink to much water and forget wear dieper it all working until they went to school Twisted Evil thumbs up
nguyen75
nguyen75

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:37 am

Welcome to my world gentlemen. Because of the magma moving in the volcanos and the occasional shifting of the ground under the sea floor we get earthquakes every once and awhile. Like Jim, one happen to start when I was going home. I didn't feel a thing but as I got home you should see the size of my wife eyes as she told me what happen.... Priceless!!

A Hui Hou,
-Tim
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down