Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bringing Bonsai into Washington State

4 posters

Go down

Bringing Bonsai into Washington State Empty Bringing Bonsai into Washington State

Post  William Feldman Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:04 am

Does anyone know if it is still legal to bring Bonsai into Washington state from elsewhere in the US? The website for the Washington State Department of Agriculture says it's okay to bring your houseplants with you, but defines houseplants as tropicals that have never been outside, even during the warm summer months. The implication is that outdoor trees are prohibited, though they don't say it explicitly.
http://agr.wa.gov/FAQ/faq.aspx#plants
William Feldman
William Feldman

Back to top Go down

Bringing Bonsai into Washington State Empty Re: Bringing Bonsai into Washington State

Post  William Feldman Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:11 am

Sorry, meant to post this in "Bonsai Questions".
William Feldman
William Feldman

Back to top Go down

Bringing Bonsai into Washington State Empty Re: Bringing Bonsai into Washington State

Post  John Quinn Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:50 am

Moved to Bonsai Questions.
I don't know the answer to your question. If required, perhaps you can get a phytosanitary certificate or similar from a USDA office in Maryland.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  RKatzin Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Within the states, only California and Arizona (Florida?) have agricultural inspection stations at border crossings that prohibit the transfer of fruits and vegetables from outside the state.
RKatzin
RKatzin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arno Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:42 am

Hawaii too! Many restrictions, I wish I could just drive across the border and bring things home Crying or Very sad
You cant ship any pines out of the pacific northwest to Hawaii, do to some bark beetle or somthing or other, I tried. What you wanna ship in for? WA has miles of widerness to hunt perfect yamadori?
Arno
Arno
Arno

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down