Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitis vinifera...a grape vine bonsai

2 posters

Go down

Vitis vinifera...a grape vine bonsai Empty Vitis vinifera...a grape vine bonsai

Post  Sebastijan Sandev Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Vitis vinifera...a grape vine bonsai Img_4510

Vitis vinifera...a grape vine bonsai Img_4511

This just amazes me...a grape vine bonsai...something completely new to me. I'm so happy...

More here: http://sandevbonsai.blogspot.com/2011/08/and-now-something-completely.html
Sebastijan Sandev
Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Vitis vinifera...a grape vine bonsai Empty Re: Vitis vinifera...a grape vine bonsai

Post  Neil Jaeger Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:41 pm

How big is this tree and do you know about how old it is also? It looks like it has alot of potential, nice tree.

Neil
Neil Jaeger
Neil Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Vitis vinifera...a grape vine bonsai Empty Re: Vitis vinifera...a grape vine bonsai

Post  Sebastijan Sandev Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Neil, I do not know the age of this plant...it looks very old, and talking about size...you can check the link in the post and see the photo of the tree in relation to me sitting beside it Smile
Sebastijan Sandev
Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Jaeger Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Wow, what a great tree. The only thing i see as a problem is the base of the trunk. Do you have inverse taper? Is that why the rocks are there? If so do you have any plans to correct it?

Neil
Neil Jaeger
Neil Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastijan Sandev Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Neil, Grapevine trunks do not have a nebari, that's not the way their roots form or fatten close to the trunk. So, this is very normal for this type of plant. Yes, the tree is a bit thiner close to the ground level, but that doesn't bother me at all. This is altogether a different and unusual tree, and such "mistakes" can be forgiven... Don't look at it as a Fagus or a tree, look at it as a vine as it is Smile
Sebastijan Sandev
Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down