Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Siberian Elm Trunk Chop training

+8
Sam Ogranaja
moyogijohn
drgonzo
Rui Marques
manosvince
coh
LSBonsai
Rob Kempinski
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Siberian Elm Trunk Chop training - Page 2 Empty Re: Siberian Elm Trunk Chop training

Post  Guest Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:11 pm

suburbia wrote:Below is a spring update of this elm. It is potted in a Heian Kozen pot.

Siberian Elm Trunk Chop training - Page 2 Elm_2015

Once the foliage fills in by summer, I will try to get the below silhoutte:

Siberian Elm Trunk Chop training - Page 2 Elm_vi10

- S

solid base, nice progression...its too to have a good plan... Do you have pictures of the rear? i'm curious to see the sideviews and rear views

Back to top Go down

Siberian Elm Trunk Chop training - Page 2 Empty Re: Siberian Elm Trunk Chop training

Post  Norma Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi abcd,

As has been stated by a couple of others, the Siberian elm is ULMUS PUMILA , they grow wild and have small leaves when trained as bonsai.

Excellent start, yves!

Norma
Norma
Norma

Back to top Go down

Siberian Elm Trunk Chop training - Page 2 Empty uh huh

Post  rock Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Siberian Elm Trunk Chop training - Page 2 Dscn1210
rock
rock

Back to top Go down

Siberian Elm Trunk Chop training - Page 2 Empty ULMUS PUMILA

Post  abcd Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:17 am

Hello ,
all is not false on my photograph, my mistake is : ZELKOVA SERRATA: false siberian ELM.

The diffrence between an ulmus campetre from ulmus chinensis or ulmus japonica ( the same species but growing in others latitudes and countries) is : ulmus campestre avec red flowers , ulmus chinensis ans ulmus japonica : no flowers

[img]Siberian Elm Trunk Chop training - Page 2 Dscn1211[/img]

[img]Siberian Elm Trunk Chop training - Page 2 Orme210[/img]
[img]Siberian Elm Trunk Chop training - Page 2 Orme310[/img]
abcd
abcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:59 am

abcd wrote:Hello ,
all is not false on my photograph, my mistake is : ZELKOVA SERRATA: false siberian ELM.

The diffrence between an ulmus campetre from ulmus chinensis or ulmus japonica ( the same species but growing in others latitudes and countries) is : ulmus campestre avec red flowers , ulmus chinensis ans ulmus japonica : no flowers

I would like to make it a bit more complicated, but only about the Ulmus CampestRE...Smile

Ulmus Campestre is actually Ulmus CampestrIS, if you want to use the correct latin term.

Then again, Ulmus Campestris is a much used syn. for Ulmus Minor, which is the term thats more used for scientifical purposes, essays etc.

Then again, U.Campestris or U.Minor is offcourse what everybody also refers to as Field Elm (in europe, holland, england...).

Whats more, is that Ulmus Procera, the 'english' Field Elm, is actually quite the same as Ulmus Minor... perhaps thats new to some.
It has been (quite recently) researched that this so called U.Procera is a descendant of the Minor once imported there, and actually all those Procera can be traced to one and the same clone from back in those days. So the claim that Procera is a separate species turns out to be untrue. If you wanna catch up on this, it has also been added on wiki some time ago.

Offcourse many hybrids / crossings are also referred to as ie Field Elm, so it would be better if everyone understands these differences, or similarities.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2