Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en

5 posters

Go down

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Empty Japan 2011 - Seikou-en

Post  Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:03 pm

One of the bonsai nurseries we do not hear much about is Seikou-en in Omiya. It is a traditional high end bonsai nursery, or was because time changes there too. Tomio Yamada is slowly handing the original bonsai nursery to his daughter Kaori Yamada, who with succes is launching a mixture of Ikebana and bonsai, named Saika. No pictures of this trend, but I was allowed due to earlier connections with Tomio Yamada, to exclusively shoot some photos at the bonsai area of the garden. This is very limited and it is extraordinary to be allowed to show pictures from this place.

Maybe little known in the west, but Seikou-en and Tomio Yamada is in the top in Japan.
The reasons why Seikou-en and others do not let you shoot, is to protect the customers who have trusted their bonsai to the nursery. Famous bonsai may be in a developing stage, maybe placed here to recover form a disease cached another place. There is many reasons for the nurseries not to risk a tree been publicised anywhere without permission from the owner. Therefore sometimes very strict limits regarding photos.

Here the pictures I was kindly permitted to bring forward.

Regards
Morten

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Alb_8010
Tomio Yamada, running the bonsai studio at Seikou-en in Omiya.

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Alb_8011
Entrance of Seikou-en.

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Alb_8012

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Alb_8013

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Alb_8014
Special stone bonsai creation by Tomio Yamada. I have seen this this bonsai also 12 years ago at my first visit here.

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Alb_8015

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Alb_8016

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Alb_8017

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Alb_8018

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Alb_8019

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Alb_8020

Back to top Go down

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Empty Re: Japan 2011 - Seikou-en

Post  Ed Trout Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Morten,

You are overwhelming us today !! I've spent the better part of the day looking at you wonderful photographs. A great and inspirational way to start a weekend of bonsai work. Thank you so much for sharing.

Best Regards,

Ed

Ed Trout

Back to top Go down

Japan 2011 - Seikou-en Empty Omyia

Post  bonsapien Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Was this area spared from the tsunami? Sad
bonsapien
bonsapien

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:02 am

bonsapien wrote:Was this area spared from the tsunami? Sad

Omiya is north-north west of Tokyo and probably 120 from the Pacific coast (maybe 60 miles from Tokyo Bay). They felt the shake of the earthquake but were nowhere near the Tsunami effects. As Morten experienced, earthquakes happen every day in Japan. Tsunamis are rarer but that's why we use a Japanese word for them.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmos Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:05 pm

Just fantastic. Pl send more pics I know you have more to show us; like the country side views etc.

Thanks for sharing.
Cosmos
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Doiron Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Wow Morten, I have been through all of these but had to wait until I had a quiet moment to really take some time to go through them again. Thanks a lot for posting all your travels, really enjoyed all the photos.
Jim Doiron
Jim Doiron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down