Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai Museum Marbella

5 posters

Go down

Bonsai Museum Marbella Empty Bonsai Museum Marbella

Post  NJF Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Just spent two weeks on holiday in South Spain. The weather of course was great, but also the trees. I would be in the mountains near to Ronda all the time digging up Pines and Junipers if I lived there. Jacarandas and Bougainvilleas everywhere and a very colourful shrub called Lantana Camara lining a lot of the roads. On top of all that a Museum of Bonsai in Marbella. What a find! The museum is in a very nice park called, Parque Arroyo de la Represa. It's well worth a visit with many excellent trees. So if you're on your holidays in the Costa del Sol I'd go take a look.
[img]Bonsai Museum Marbella Imgp7116[/img][img]

Last edited by NJF on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
NJF
NJF

Back to top Go down

Bonsai Museum Marbella Empty Re: Bonsai Museum Marbella

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:18 pm

At one time the Prime Minister was a bonsaist, could this be part of his collection?

Point two

There are a number of really nice Bonsai displays around the world. I think we have four in Florida, a small one at the Brevard Zoo near Viera, FL, a larger, new one at Heathcoat Gardens in Ft. Pierce, FL, one at the Morikami Gardens in Delray Beach, FL (all of these are only a few miles off of Interstate 95, and one at Shelby Gardens in Sarasota, FL not far from Interstate 75.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  ferdy-san Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:17 pm

Hello, very nice find, dont you have more pictures?
Bill, the collection of bonsai that use to belong to the ex-prime minister Felipe Gonzalez is in the bonsai museum of Alcobendas near Madrid, that place is in my view the best bonsai museum in Europe, i recomend a visit, it is beautiful, Mario Komsta was a curator there untill not long ago, regards from Portugal...

ferdy-san

Back to top Go down

Post  Hilton Meyer Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Found this on flickr, bonsai museum of Alcobendas: http://www.flickr.com/photos/freakland/5135681138/in/set-72157625167229907/

Hilton Meyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:15 am

Hilton Meyer wrote:Found this on flickr, bonsai museum of Alcobendas: http://www.flickr.com/photos/freakland/5135681138/in/set-72157625167229907/

This is the first time I saw this.
very nice tees. well recommended.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:40 am

Incredible trees on this link! The Hinoki group is amazing! The Junipers held me captive! The Olive forest drew me in! I imagine many of these trees were imported from Japan.The Red Pine looks familiar.
Thank you for sharing this.
Best,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down