Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David, the mighty Catlin elm

3 posters

Go down

David, the mighty Catlin elm Empty David, the mighty Catlin elm

Post  HowardUSA Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:50 pm

I would like to present David, the 3 1/4" tall Catlin elm with his favorite Swiss watch. David has been developing for the last eight years from a cutting. He has been transplanted yearly in the finest bonsai mix , eaten the best organic fertilizer available, and has been water daily for the past many years. Even though David is still in training, he likes to strut his stuff. He was asked to audition for the bastard imp part in the HBO series Game of Thrones. David refused. He doesn't mind being called an imp but balked at being called a "bastard imp". bounce

David, the mighty Catlin elm 001_212

HowardUSA

Back to top Go down

David, the mighty Catlin elm Empty Re: David, the mighty Catlin elm

Post  JimLewis Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:03 pm

I like David, but then, I like all tiny bonsai.

Have you ever defoliated him? He looks as if you could start working on some more ramification. In Ft. Lauderdale, you should be able to defoliate several times over the course of the summer. And, while he is leafless, you could wire a bit more structure into his topside.

Eventually, you will want him in a smaller, perhaps more colorful, pot and planted a bit deeper after the root ball has been brought down.

I'll enjoy watching his "growth."
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

David, the mighty Catlin elm Empty David the mighty catlin elm

Post  moyogijohn Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:10 pm

No one but Jim said anything !! I like your elm a lot .. the branch placement looks good...how did you get them thick with such a small tree????? good job take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

David, the mighty Catlin elm Empty Re: David, the mighty Catlin elm

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down