Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Visit to Pavel and Mirek

+4
landerloos
Stone Monkey
Harleyrider
DangerousBry
8 posters

Go down

A Visit to Pavel and Mirek Empty A Visit to Pavel and Mirek

Post  Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Last Weekend Steve (Harleyrider) and I visited Pavel and Mirek in the Czech Republic... twas a great trip and will be fully documented here Wink
For starters here are the crew

A Visit to Pavel and Mirek The-gu10

Back to top Go down

A Visit to Pavel and Mirek Empty Re: A Visit to Pavel and Mirek

Post  Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Who is the man in the middle?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Who is the man in the middle?

The man in the middle is 'Nobody' Cool

But... Mr. Tickle was there:

A Visit to Pavel and Mirek Mr-tic10

Back to top Go down

A Visit to Pavel and Mirek Empty It rained some of the time

Post  Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:22 pm

This was the last day in Mirek's Garden... BTW its in HD should you choose to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post  DangerousBry Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:51 pm

What a fantastic garden!!

Seemed very peaceful even with the sound of the rain...

Thanks for sharing
Bryan
DangerousBry
DangerousBry

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:06 pm

I've now got all the pics from the trip and will be posting my scribbles just as soon as my bloated gut recedes sufficiently to allow me near the keyboard!
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Come on Steve pull your finger out matey we are all waiting for yours and The Ticklemeisters road trip diary Very Happy

All the best

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Like the psycho I am, I would kill for a garden like that Wink ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:39 am

Noticed how Tony was the only one not carrying anything on the trip!
(Did my comment on this subject get removed for some reason?)
Looking forward to the photos, and what a great garden, for what Ive seen so far!
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:29 am

Keep em comin..
bounce

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:58 am

Storm wrote:Noticed how Tony was the only one not carrying anything on the trip!
(Did my comment on this subject get removed for some reason?)

Respect? No

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:25 am

This is a wonderful japanese garden........Tony, how would you have managed to bring the Tickle to the forum, had I not asked this lame question?...my gift to you. Very Happy

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey P Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:40 pm

Looks like a wonderful trip fellas. I cant wait to hear the stories this afternoon over a nice brew with Tony. The scenery also looks wonderful and peaceful. Was it colder than England is then or did you make the right decision wearing shorts and a t-shirt.
Mikey P
Mikey P

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:58 pm

@ Stone Monkey: Ferchrissakes! Gimme a break willya? War and Peace wasn't written in a day, y'know. Sheesh! Besides, if that's how you wanna roll, you get yer arse in gear with that new kiln. I have trees in need of pots.

@ Mikey P: Was it colder than England? Are you chuffin' kiddin' me? It was touching 30 degrees for most of the trip, apart from a short dip down to 16. Never before have I been stood within 100 yds of snow and still be sweating mi nadgers off! Mind you, that could have had something to do with doing a nosedive on a 5000ft mountain with very little to stop me hitting the bottom!

@ Storm: Apologies for going all serious for a while, but I just can't keep my mouth shut here. There are two reasons why Tony isn't carrying anything in the single picture you've seen. First, logistics. There weren't enough rucksacks to go around. Believe me, if there had been, Tony would have had no qualms about picking one up and hauling his share of the weight. I've carried enough heavy loads off mountains with him to vouch for his mule-like capabilities.
Secondly, respect. Tony was marginally the oldest member of our group, and where I come from that means he's earned the right to have someone younger carry the bag. He also gets my respect as not just my teacher, but as my friend. I don't know if you have a teacher or not, if so, I suggest you give him the respect he (or she) has earned or you won't be their pupil for long.
I realise that you probably intended your remark as a comical aside, but as the saying goes "The secret to good comedy is timing," and I reckon yours was pretty lousy on this occasion. My advice would be that the ideal time for a remark such as yours would be sometime after you have actually met Tony, and then spent enough time getting to know him well enough to call him friend. Then maybe, just maybe, you could get away with comments like that.
Yes, I know you see me 'have a go' at him now and again on this forum, but that's just friends sniping at each other. Once I'm in his garden, or anytime he or anyone else is teaching me something, it's a different matter.

Right, here endeth the first lesson children. Now go play, the grown ups are talking.
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Steve, It was not my intent to step on any toes here. It was merely a joke based on this one picture I saw. I have no problems with anyone here on the forum, and it wasn't meant to be a go at anyone. I do have respect for my teachers, and all my friends. I try to be as humble and kind as possible, but sometimes I dont do it so well. As in this case. And I would like to apologize for any insult on this matter, as it is as said not intended in any way.
I do respect what Tony says here, and I have not thought for a second that he haven't earned the respect that I see others have for him.

As you also know, I wasnt there. I havent seen what anyone did or what anyone carried. My comment was based on this picture and that one only.
If Im at work, I do carry what I can in respect for my bosses or teachers, since they have earned it.
Even though I haven't met anyone on this site in person, I do actually see you as "friends". I treat you the same way as I treat other I know around.

Just to say something too here, I think that "Right, here endeth the first lesson children. Now go play, the grown ups are talking." Was quite disrespectfull also and not any better then myself.
Do you measure the view on me based on a single comment, or was it several? I know Im not the one that has experienced the most here, or lived long enough to be as wise as I would hope, but I sincerely think im one that acts he's age or older. And havent been meaningfull disrespectfull against anyone here. If there is, please let me know in a PM. And I apologize. Well, the text is starting to become too long so I'll wrap it up.

Hope there isnt any hard feelings here Tony.
Edit: Not intended to bring this thread out of tracks either.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:15 pm

What do you mean? Tony did not carry a rucksack because he was going to carry the tree(s) they would collect..me thinks.. Very Happy

-dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Just to say something too here, I think that "Right, here endeth the first lesson children. Now go play, the grown ups are talking." Was quite disrespectfull also and not any better then myself.

See.....not nice when you're on the receiving end, is it?

As I said in my post, I know it was intended as a joke, and I fully agree with you that even though most of us have never met we are all friends, but I would suggest a little caution in future.
As for Tony, I suggest a large glass of something expensive when you eventually do meet him. Usually works for me Cool

It may be wise to keep looking over your shoulder for a while though! Suspect
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:20 pm

DangerousBry wrote:What a fantastic garden!!

Seemed very peaceful even with the sound of the rain...

Thanks for sharing
Bryan

Yes, yes and yes!

-dorothy Very Happy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:24 pm

Dorothy, you must be psychic! I have photographic proof that on the previous days' trip, he climbed, dug and hauled enough to put younger men to shame! Actually, on the main trip up the big mountain (which shall remain nameless, and not just because I can't pronounce it), he carried on climbing long after I'd collapsed in a breathless heap.
Just wait for my trip diary, you'll see.

*whispers* As usual, I have a healthy crop of "You've Been Framed" type images of him as well, tee hee. Don't tell anyone though, he hates it when I show anyone.
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:33 pm

Well Steve, It isn't no, when its deliberately to insult. I think I would handle almost every joke thats on my expense you could throw at me. Wink
Still looking forward to those pictures from the trip. Wink
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Come on Steve. Don't leave us hanging.A Visit to Pavel and Mirek Mail110

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:51 pm

Oh fer f..... not you as well Baddely drawn boy? I thought you bonsai lot were supposed to be good at waiting?

For your information, I've spent all night cropping, brightening, de-blurring and generally tweaking over 300 photographs, ready for my trip report. I shall now retire to the drawing room for a good cigar and a snifter of orange juice before repairing to my bed.

You shall have your story on the morrow.

EDIT: Oh, and I had a quick break to defoliate my Oak. And no, Will, that isn't a euphamism. Rolling Eyes
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:03 am

will baddeley wrote:Come on Steve. Don't leave us hanging.A Visit to Pavel and Mirek Mail110

Wait a minute... that's the shot I tweeted how come?

Storm: lets move on bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:09 am

You emailed it to me Tony. Glad you showed the "younguns" how it's done. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down