Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Seiju elm - What to do with it

+10
Sam Ogranaja
Brett Simon
Andre Beaurain
dadshouse
coh
moyogijohn
bonsaitree
Jesse
Russell Coker
Randy_Davis
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Old Seiju elm - What to do with it - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Seiju elm - What to do with it

Post  Brett Simon Thu May 16, 2013 8:33 am

I Agree with Andre
It really does look like a tree on the african savanha.
With time your ramification will create what Pierneef was painting.
The only thing to work on now is to remove all the growth(green) inside, there is only growth(green) on the out side of the frame.
There is still branch structure inside but no leaves. Hope you get what i am saying.
Well done for creating this from a 2d drawing.

Regards
Brett
Brett Simon
Brett Simon

Back to top Go down

Old Seiju elm - What to do with it - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Seiju elm - What to do with it

Post  Randy_Davis Thu May 16, 2013 1:05 pm

Thanks Andre and Brett!!!!!

I think it's the leaf size and general branch structure that make this old Seiju Elm look like the Acacia's (Sorry Iris, I'll never remember the new names) of the African Savana, regardless of what the purists say. Brett, I understand completely what your saying about the inner growth. That will come with time and is probably something I would do in prepration for showing the tree. For the moment, I am leaving that growth as it provides some vigor to the other parts of the tree where I need more canopy to grow in as fast as possible. I'm an old man, and don't have much time to get this thing done so speed is of the essence. I have made a pot for this tree, quite unconventional I might add, and I'm anxious to get the tree into it next spring to see the finished product. I just love the artwork work of Pierneef!!!! Again, Thanks for your kind comments.

ta ta for now,
R
Randy_Davis
Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy_Davis Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:56 pm

Another year passes and this tree is getting closer to the finish line. Next spring it goes into it's new container and then it's just a couple more years of canopy development. It's been a fun 3 year project but now it's time to do an American Native tree in the Pierneef style. I'm actually quite happy with how this tree turned out. As always pic's are no substitute for seeing the tree in real time

Old Seiju elm - What to do with it - Page 2 Dsc00411
Randy_Davis
Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:34 am

OK, you've made me a believer!
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:17 am

That is looking awesome!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!!
Have a great week!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:48 pm

Lovely tree Randy! You've increased its age by a hundred years!
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tona Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Wow!! Great progression Randy. Thanks for sharing.
Tona
Tona
Tona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi Randy

Your tree look very nice...are you from South Africa?

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy_Davis Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks all!

Yvonne - No, not from South Africa but an avid admirer of the African Savanna style trees. I live in the Mid-Western US in Kentucky.
Randy_Davis
Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy_Davis Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:20 pm

Finally done!
Old Seiju elm - What to do with it - Page 2 Dsc00413
Randy_Davis
Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  gman Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:11 pm

Thanks for the update Randy.....its looking great.
G
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:39 am

Nice canopy on that tree!
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Muscio Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:26 am

Looking good, Randy!
Oliver

Oliver Muscio

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2