Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamarindo with a tail for nebari

2 posters

Go down

Tamarindo with a tail for nebari Empty Tamarindo with a tail for nebari

Post  AK_Panama Thu May 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Hello everyone!

This Tamarindo prebonsai has a horrible tail for a nebari and definitely requires alot ofwork. I was thinking of ground layering it by using a tourniquet right above the tail, and then repotting it deeper (at least 3-4 inches of medium above the tourniquet and adding rooting hormone).

My other idea was to take a wood square board, make a hole in the middle that would serve as a tourniquet...saw in half, place together with the tree in the middle where I want the layering done, and then stick together somehow (with nails, screws, super glue...?).

Tamarindo with a tail for nebari Layer_10

I like the board idea as this way I can train the new nebari to be completely radial and to go in the direction I want. I´ve never done any of these ground layering methods...what do you guys recommend?

Pictures of the tree:
Tamarindo with a tail for nebari 05-23-10

Tamarindo with a tail for nebari 05-23-11

Tamarindo with a tail for nebari 05-23-12
AK_Panama
AK_Panama

Back to top Go down

Tamarindo with a tail for nebari Empty Re: Tamarindo with a tail for nebari

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu May 26, 2011 7:54 pm

Definitely try to layer the tree, but with the straight trunk, maybe you need to layer the tree higher up closer to where something interesting happens with the trunk.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  AK_Panama Fri May 27, 2011 8:13 pm

The rest of the tree is pretty straight Sad

I on the other hand don´t have a purely formal upright tree so this one might work itself towards that direction Smile

Would you guys suggest I experiment with the board thing (cutting, hollowing, sticking together), or just go straight to a wire tourniquet?
AK_Panama
AK_Panama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down