Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics)

3 posters

Go down

Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Empty Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics)

Post  giga Sun May 15, 2011 5:27 am

Thought I'd share some pics of my scouting adventure. This was alot of fun ending up spending almost the entire day out looking around. I found about 4 worth collecting(last pic is one of them), unfortunately I'm leaving for 8 months(military) so I'll have to wait till I get back to go get the ones I scouted out. There's some behemoths here with their buttresses around 8-9 feet across, I'd guess around 60-100+ ft tall and OLD. Also Forgot the came so these are all phone shots lol

Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Imag0120
Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Imag0122
Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Imag0123
Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Imag0124
Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Imag0125
Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Imag0126
Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Imag0127

Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Imag0119
giga
giga

Back to top Go down

Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Empty Re: Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics)

Post  giga Sun May 15, 2011 5:33 am

Just for fun.

the wife came along with our 125lb guard dog(actually he's trained to keep my wife safe while I'm gone)
Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Imag0128

here's my scouting technique
Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Imag0129

editing pics is fun LOL
Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Imag0130
giga
giga

Back to top Go down

Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Empty scouting

Post  Mitch Thomas Tue May 17, 2011 3:48 am

Giga
That looks like my back yard! Gotta love the cypress swamps. So you will be back in 8mts. it will be prime collecting time. Be safe on your deployment.

And thanks for your service.

Mitch
fellow bald cypress hunter Very Happy

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Empty Re: Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics)

Post  Guest Tue May 17, 2011 4:00 am

This made me chuckle...

Cause here I am remembering scouting for Hawthorn near my pond a few weeks ago and having to slosh around in a puddle to see surface roots, getting all upset at the muck and mess. Now I see this yamadori cypress swamp and I feel like such a weenie. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  giga Tue May 17, 2011 4:30 am

man on the mountain wrote:This made me chuckle...

Cause here I am remembering scouting for Hawthorn near my pond a few weeks ago and having to slosh around in a puddle to see surface roots, getting all upset at the muck and mess. Now I see this yamadori cypress swamp and I feel like such a weenie. Embarassed

Lol this swamp is massive some places are around 50 feet deep. Kinda scary because the water is black and very very very stinky. So big we got lost after 3 miles and had to gps my way back lol
giga
giga

Back to top Go down

Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics) Empty Scouting for bald cypress(lots of pics)

Post  ironman Tue May 17, 2011 3:20 pm

Thank you for your service and thank you for the pics.
As a bald cypress huntsman also, they made me smile...

ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down