Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waterfall Stone

3 posters

Go down

Waterfall Stone Empty Waterfall Stone

Post  Luis Angel Thu May 12, 2011 3:15 am

I recollect this stone from a river in Puerto Rico. It's look nice to mee. I like the waterfalls too much. Give me your comments about this stone. It's 3''.Waterfall Stone Dsc01914
Luis Angel
Luis Angel

Back to top Go down

Waterfall Stone Empty Re: Waterfall Stone

Post  Guest Thu May 12, 2011 8:41 am

Hi Luis Angel

Your stone is very pretty. But if it has a waterfall on the backside too, is it not suiseki material.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Thu May 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi Luis... Thanks for sharing stones & encouraging discussion. The white quartz "waterfall" on a textured stone of dark matrix is very appealing & it is easy to share initial enthusiasm. Good waterfall suiseki are rare, and we always hope the "waterfall" inclusion does not fall to the backside of the stone. As Yvonne notes, the distinction of a waterfall suiseki is that the vein (in this case white quartz) does not extend over the stone's top and down its backside.

You placed the stone well to show the increasing breadth of falling water and taking care to create vertical, free-falling sections of water punctuated by diagonal cascades across intervening projections of the facing cliff. We can always appreciate careful placement as an important contribution to the scene.

There was a hard decision to make at the stone's apex. You could either lean it to make the top of the stream appear horizontal at the apex of the stone or lean it to make the highest, longest, most straight & most narrow section appear to fall vertically. Your choice (the second) was best-- especially considering the stone's bottom contour!

Thanks, again, for sharing.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  suisekipr Fri May 13, 2011 2:32 pm

" very nice" make the good daiza
suisekipr
suisekipr

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Angel Tue May 17, 2011 4:41 am

Hi! Yvonne

Im agree with your comment. This stone is a special piece for me. I'm in progress with the daiza.

Luis Angel
Luis Angel
Luis Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down