Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murraya forest

+10
ogie
PkWk
moyogijohn
Harleyrider
Gentleman G.
luciano benyakob
Jay Gaydosh
Mohan
Russell Coker
GerhardGerber
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Murraya forest  - Page 2 Empty Re: Murraya forest

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:05 am

Thank you very much Jesse! the forest will be better when the ground cover matures.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:07 am

Budi,

Thanks a lot!

I'll look around if I can find more matured trees for the upper part group.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:19 am

Murraya forest  - Page 2 Dsc_1011

Jun-Think about taking the tree i circled in red out of the composition replace it with that awesome central tree in blue and spread the group outlined in green down hill a bit to make room for the big boy in blue. the space between the trees on the right and the trees on the far left would allow the eye to rest and help create more depth to an already well perspectived arrangement. By the way I LOVE the fact that you included a downed tree in the planting. I just spend two days arranging and then re-arranging an american Beech forest now I'm playing around on photoshop with your forest...its an obsession!!!!!! aaahhh!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:11 am

M.O.T.M.,

Thanks for the suggestion.

It would look good on a 2D picture if arranged that way, certainly it would be a picture perfect composition. but it will have a problem in the actual viewing angle. the challenge of creating forest in this slanting terrain position (which I just realized lately) is the positioning of the major trees, unlike ordinary flat forest or group planting it is very easy to form a triangular outline of the group of trees with the biggest tree forming the apex, and the small ones as the base, and just dont block any trunk with other trees then that's basically it.

But if the forest is in a hill side position, none of the above would work. If the major tree would be place on top of the hill, it would be the tallest tree alright but would lost the triangular shape of the composition( the illusion that holds the composition as one entity with decreasing distance illusion) and if you put the big tree on the front center position, the tallest tree would now be the one on top of the hill and the dominant tree would lost its dominance, and if you make the left most tree on top of the hill smaller the composition would lost its perspective and the biggest tree on front would look out of proportion with respect to the hill.
that's why I find this project very challenging. I am almost running out of trees suitable tree for this forest planting and still can't get it near to perfection.
The current arrangement works for me right now, but I am still not done with it.

Good luck with your virts experiment.

regards,
jun

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:54 am

Jun-
Boy I though I had it tricky with my simple flat arrangement. I didn't realize that this was a hill planting. I see now what you mean and the change in slope offered by this approach would only add yet another layer of complicated angles to try to get right. Thank you for your in depth explanation I learned quite a bit from it!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:11 am

what if there was no middle tree..I really need to go to bed now lol..

Murraya forest  - Page 2 Dsc_1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2