Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

san jose juniper

4 posters

Go down

san jose juniper Empty san jose juniper

Post  moyogijohn Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Has anyone had any luck with this type of juniper?? i found one with a pretty nice trunk base,,thought i would try it...i haven,t gotten into junipers that much so the pinching ect..i would like to know,,,,,,really any information will help a lot...thank you take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

san jose juniper Empty Re: san jose juniper

Post  JimLewis Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:25 pm

They're pretty much just plain old Juniperus chinensis. Perfectly suitable.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  moyogijohn Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:28 pm

Thank you Jim,,i knew i could count on you...it is just one i want to try nothing great....another project!!! take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:59 pm

I have a commercial nursery, Owen's Nursery (they own several really big catalog companies), 30 miles north of me. I went in two years ago and purchased 2 dozen San Jose Junipers from them. All 2 or 3 year old starts. I think I still have around 18 of them. I use them to satisfy my need to be working with some tree constantly, LOL! Several of them are beginning to show some promise. They appear to be quite hardy and fairly forgiving.

Owen's usually has an entire field section of nothing but SJ Junipers for their annual catalog sales of "Indoor Bonsai" material.

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Jaeger Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Here is the one i purchased last yesr from Hollow Creek Bonsai. I will be styling it soon.

Neil

san jose juniper Sdc12011
Neil Jaeger
Neil Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post  moyogijohn Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:32 am

Thank you Jay and Neil,,,the foliage on the one i got is not like yours Neil ..it has longer needles that kinda droop..i may have a different kind..don,t know..thanks take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down