Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cascade Casuarina in my new shed.

+27
GerhardGerber
Primelaw
darwin
marie1uk
Neli
Sam Ogranaja
dorothy7774
Mitch Thomas
yamasuri
CraftyTanuki
jolz
Poink88
Ferdie *
Fore
fiona
my nellie
dexworks
fM
Pavel Slovák
Rob Kempinski
Budi Sulistyo
daiviet_nguyen
moyogijohn
kimo
cosmos
Russell Coker
Ravi Kiran
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Empty Re: Cascade Casuarina in my new shed.

Post  Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:58 pm

Last bonsai activity for me for year 2011...

Cemented a pure black volcanic rock in the tray today.

Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Dsc_2419

...Will be the first bonsai activity for me in 2012!

HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE!!! PEACE ON EARTH!
LESS FLOOD, LESS TYPHOON AND HURRICANE, LESS EARTHQUAKE AND TSUNAMI, LESS FAMINE,,,,LESS WAR for 2012 and the years to come.

MORE MONEY FOR EVERYONE!

regards,
jun Smile Bagpiper Bagpiper Bagpiper Bagpiper

Back to top Go down

Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Empty cascade casuarina in new shed

Post  moyogijohn Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:35 pm

JUN,, The tree looks great !! I AGREE WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE.....HAPPY NEW YEAR Take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Empty Re: Cascade Casuarina in my new shed.

Post  dexworks Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:48 pm

Bro,

I love this Agoho, especially the intended design with the pure black volcanic rock as per your design.

Great sketch! Happy new year to everyone! cyclops cyclops cyclops

Regards,

Derick
dexworks
dexworks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:36 am

First day-This is before any carving were done...Combined 3 volcanic boulders
Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Dsc_2434

Second Day-Carved the interior and marked the outline...
Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Dsc_2435

Third Day-Almost 60% of the total mass and weight were removed...
Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Dsc_2540

Today...
Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Dsc_2625

After almost a month in the new rock the tree had adjusted well and very happy with its new house.
Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Dsc_2622

No serious wiring were done yet, maybe after a few months. For now the tree will be allowed to grow wild

Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Dsc_2624

4 man carry...This is how huge my new baby is.
Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Dsc_2626

I hope you like it... Razz

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:57 am

Jun my friend, I am happy for your new big baby!
You have given her a nice, big, new house. Now feed well and watch her growing up!
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Thank You Alexandra.

In less than one month the roots are developing already outside of the rocks, and i have to cover it with soil and moss...I guess its happy.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:13 pm

The tree is growing so fast. I would like to share its update...It's turning "Japanese" cheers hehehe!

Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Dsc_0941

Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Dsc_0940

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:43 pm

You asked about what should go in the Progressions forum. This to me is exactly what should be there. Informative and inspirational. The fact that has an element of still progressing should not be a deterrent - it is at a point where any further developments are added value.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks Fiona!

It's an honor. I humbly submit. Wink

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm amazed you've been able to repot that tree 4X in 18mos(?)/short period of time! And it's healthy and growing well. Nice material to be able to undergo so much work so quickly! Nice Jun!
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Fri May 04, 2012 9:45 am

Hi Jun,
nice progression you got there idol..
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Fri May 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Fore wrote:I'm amazed you've been able to repot that tree 4X in 18mos(?)/short period of time! And it's healthy and growing well. Nice material to be able to undergo so much work so quickly!
One reason we shouldn't generalize too much. The owner should have a feel of his own tree (in his location and care) on what it can or cannot take.

My stumps are all treated differently, depending on their vigor.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Poink88 wrote:
Fore wrote:I'm amazed you've been able to repot that tree 4X in 18mos(?)/short period of time! And it's healthy and growing well. Nice material to be able to undergo so much work so quickly!
One reason we shouldn't generalize too much. The owner should have a feel of his own tree (in his location and care) on what it can or cannot take.

My stumps are all treated differently, depending on their vigor.

Yup! And don't follow too much (down to the last letter) what the books tell you. as most of them were written by somebody which climate and conditions were different from you...unless you and the author lives in the same zone. but yet again, still each trees are different.

regards,
jun Smile

Thanks Ferdie!

Thanks Fore!

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Fri May 04, 2012 2:53 pm

So true Poink88! And an absolutely fantastic tree over rock Jun! Always a pleasure to see your works!
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Just an update: nothing much on me--I changed my shirt, copy somebody's pose....................

Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Dsc_0082

On the tree.............. chisel several kilogram of rocks, and remove the tail branch.
Cascade Casuarina in my new shed. - Page 2 Dsc_0078

regards,
jun Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  jolz Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:45 pm

Jun,
PERFECT!!!!!
Regards,
Jolz
jolz
jolz

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:54 pm

jolz wrote: PERFECT!!!!!
I agree.

Jolz, What are you doing up so late? I'll call you Batman! lol! (...or are up very early? Question )
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  jolz Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:59 am

Poink88 wrote:
jolz wrote: PERFECT!!!!!
I agree.

Jolz, What are you doing up so late? I'll call you Batman! lol! (...or are up very early? Question )

Mate,
I'm currently in different time zone, 7,000 miles away from my bonsai garden, but will be back soon in a week.
Regards,
Jolz
jolz
jolz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:03 am

Thanks Jolz and Dario!

Hey Jolz! Want to meet up? Let's go to Ka Pablings place when you get here?

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:46 am

Hi, Jun!
I believe that your penjing misses the presence of moss and/or small clumps of grass... It would look muuuuch better with them accompanying it... What do you think?
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  jolz Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:40 pm

jun wrote:Thanks Jolz and Dario!

Hey Jolz! Want to meet up? Let's go to Ka Pablings place when you get here?

regards,
jun Smile

OK Jun,
I'll inform Ka Pabling as soon as I'm back.
Regards,
Jolz
jolz
jolz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:12 am

my nellie wrote:Hi, Jun!
I believe that your penjing misses the presence of moss and/or small clumps of grass... It would look muuuuch better with them accompanying it... What do you think?

Hi Alexandra.

This composition is still in its infancy, I estimated my accomplishment on this to be around 20% of my targeted vision. The rocks needed much refinement more detailed sculpting. The tree needs more maturing which only time can provide. So the moss and/grass will be added after these task were completed, but maybe when these composition were to be exhibited as a tree/composition in progress the other elements can be added to enhance it's image as you have suggested. thanks!

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyTanuki Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:44 am

Looks Great as always Jun, look forward to it to weather and mature.

Love that Wolverine shirt too mate!
CraftyTanuki
CraftyTanuki

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:54 am

CraftyTanuki wrote:Looks Great as always Jun, look forward to it to weather and mature.

Love that Wolverine shirt too mate!

Thanks mate!

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:02 am

Hi, Jun!
Thank you for your answer.
The fact is that all these elements used for enhancement are so easy to add at any time of developement. You are right!
I hope that soon we will enjoy this composition refined to your taste and with appropriate complementing elements.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next