Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to calculate height of a cascade or semi-cascade?

2 posters

Go down

How to calculate height of a cascade or semi-cascade? Empty How to calculate height of a cascade or semi-cascade?

Post  Xavier de Lapeyre Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi all,

It may be an extremely stupid question on my part, but here goes anyway.
From what I undersand, the height/size of a bonsai is calculated from the rim of the pot/base of the trunk to the apex of the tree.
I'm using the wikipedia measurements in my case to calculate : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonsai#Size_classifications

How do you calculate the height of a cascade or semi-cascade?

Thanks in adv.
Xavier de Lapeyre
Xavier de Lapeyre

Back to top Go down

How to calculate height of a cascade or semi-cascade? Empty Re: How to calculate height of a cascade or semi-cascade?

Post  JimLewis Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Well, the apex is in the same place, so its height is whatever distance it is from the soil line, as with othr trees.

But THEN, you also can measure the length of the tail from the point it leaves the trunk.

This one is 5 inches tall and 19 inches long.

How to calculate height of a cascade or semi-cascade? Casca010

JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

How to calculate height of a cascade or semi-cascade? Empty Re: How to calculate height of a cascade or semi-cascade?

Post  Xavier de Lapeyre Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Thanks Jim,

Side question : what species is you cascade in the picture?
The bloom is eye catching.
Xavier de Lapeyre
Xavier de Lapeyre

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 pm

Flowering quince
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down