Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai

+8
Hans Vleugels
sunip
Mark Cooper
John Brocklehurst
fiona
jrodriguez
ogie
Alex
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Empty th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai

Post  Alex Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:14 pm

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Hwa_fo10

Alex

Back to top Go down

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Empty Re: th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai

Post  Alex Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:15 pm

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Hwa_fo11

Alex

Back to top Go down

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Empty Re: th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai

Post  Alex Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:17 pm

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Hwa_fo12

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:18 pm

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Hwa_fo13

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:19 pm

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Hwa_fo14

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:20 pm

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Hwa_fo15

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:21 pm

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Hwa_fo16

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:22 pm

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Hwa_fo17

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:24 pm

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Hwa_fo18

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:25 pm

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Hwa_fo19

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:26 pm

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Hwa_fo20

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:27 pm

th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Hwa_fo21

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Thanks for sharing these Fantastic tree....Much appreciated

Alex/Ogie Smile
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Alex,

Marvelous!!!! The Hwa Fong always brings great trees to the table!!! Thanks for posting.

Kind Regards,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Wow!! Great exhibition Alex. Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Smashing trees. Thanks for posting. Are any of these your trees?

Also, what are the labels you can see on some of them?
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Fiona,

The Hwa Fong Exhibition (National Bonsi Style Exhibition of the R.O.C.) is Taiwan's counterpart to the Japanese Kokufu Show. Like in Kokufu, not necessarily the creator of the tree exhibits his work. It is a great exhibition, held in november of every year. The first one was held in 1995, with Mr. Su I Chi (former BCI President) and
Chairman. Each year, a wonderful catalogue of the exhibited trees is published. In order to qualify for publication, the tree has to be selected by a panel of judges. The labels mean that the display has been selected.

Kind Regards,

Jose Luis

jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  John Brocklehurst Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Alex,
Thanks for showing these beautiful trees and dispays....the clear blue sky looks great as well, it must be nice to have sunshine in November

Regards
John

John Brocklehurst

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:22 pm

John Brocklehurst wrote: ...clear blue sky... sunshine in November
We get that too, John. The day after it snows. Laughing

Thanks for the info on the labels Jose Luis. So, I'm curious to know, who would show or stage entries at this exhibition? And do the info cards (if there are any) actually state the name of the owner or just the genus/species of the tree?
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Thanks for the info on the labels Jose Luis. So, I'm curious to know, who would show or stage entries at this exhibition? And do the info cards (if there are any) actually state the name of the owner or just the genus/species of the tree? [/quote]

Fiona,

Many Big Bosses, collectors and some professionals display their bonsai in this exhibition. The info cards just mention that the display was selected.

Kind regards,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Beautiful trees Alex. Thanks for posting. Mark
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Alex wrote:th NAtional Bonsai Exhibition (微型盆景) Small Bonsai Hwa_fo14
I am amazed by the impact those dancing vertical lines have on the whole display.
I remember a discussion on the forum about display and light, and how it would be outside,
and now we see even shohin displayed under the sun.
High quality everything.
regards, Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Vleugels Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:05 pm

I am always amazed about the fanatastic ramification on these tropical species. This makes me drool on my keyboard...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful shohin displays!
Hans Vleugels
Hans Vleugels

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:06 pm

Alex,

Thank you so much for these. I'm now officially in Shohin meltdown bounce bounce

I was also wondering about the labels, thanks for explaining Jose Luis.
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:58 am

Ian Young wrote:Alex,

Thank you so much for these. I'm now officially in Shohin meltdown bounce
I was also wondering about the labels, thanks for explaining Jose Luis.

Count me in Ian...Such beautiful trees....
Thank you JLuis for your countless effort always to enlighten us with your resourcefulness

Your friend,
Alex/Ogie

Last edited by ogie on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reformat)
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next