Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casuarina (slanting) restyling

+20
hiram
Russell Coker
dick benbow
dorothy7774
dexworks
Ferdie *
fM
Rob Kempinski
Storm
moyogijohn
海上闻樵
Pavel Slovák
Arno
john5555leonard
cosmos
iben
Ravi Kiran
Mohan
xuan le
handy mick
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Casuarina (slanting) restyling - Page 4 Empty Re: Casuarina (slanting) restyling

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Justin,
Thanks!. yup! that is one of the disadvantage. actually a full cascade is one of my future plan/option, If the lower branch will reach a girth of 2 to 3 inches and grown twisted downward it will be a very nice cascade tree. and cascade is my favorite style.sigh!

regards,
jun Smile

Pareng Toto,

never tried airlayering a casuarina before. but if it will be done I guess this is a good season to do it.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Casuarina (slanting) restyling - Page 4 Empty Re: Casuarina (slanting) restyling

Post  totomng Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:05 pm

at jun... yup i never tried air layering casuarina before! but i killed a couple of that specie from last year's hunting hehe. only small in size about 2 inches in diameter.. thanks for the reply i gonna try it tomorrow
totomng
totomng

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:38 pm

totomng wrote:at jun... yup i never tried air layering casuarina before! but i killed a couple of that specie from last year's hunting hehe. only small in size about 2 inches in diameter.. thanks for the reply i gonna try it tomorrow

...Oh! you are working under the same motto I have---"Try and try until they die!"- hehehe!

Back to top Go down

Post  totomng Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:46 am

jun wrote:
totomng wrote:at jun... yup i never tried air layering casuarina before! but i killed a couple of that specie from last year's hunting hehe. only small in size about 2 inches in diameter.. thanks for the reply i gonna try it tomorrow

...O
h! you are working under the same motto I have---"Try and try until they die!"- hehehe!

definitely jun hehehe...
totomng
totomng

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Guest wrote:Sorry Rob but I think most members have an understanding of "with the grain". You seem to be claiming this deadwood work as your own work?
Picture 1 is mostly natural with some relatively unrefined carving on the vertical section.
Picture 2 shows similar carving to vertical section in picture 1 but all over.
Picture 3 has minimal intervention other than the accentuation of striations.
Picture 4 is mainly natural with some consistenly similar carving (pic 1 and 2) on the twisted vertical jin.

Sorry to hijack your thread Jun.

I have to agree with Will on this Rob.

Where is Will though ??????????????????

I see he is a guest now, did some one kick him of or.......?

I am a master why you ask, because I say so thumbs up

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4