Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pemphis slanting.....

5 posters

Go down

Pemphis slanting..... Empty Pemphis slanting.....

Post  Jed Franco Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi IBC friends,
Today, I want to show you one of my favorite Pemphis.Smile ...got this one from a bonsai farm last year...
Look how it progressed and became to a near-finished bonsai....Cool Very Happy .....

Pemphis slanting..... Photo110
...This is how it looked like when I got it...

Pemphis slanting..... Dsc01511
...one month of nurturing and some salt....

Pemphis slanting..... Dsc01610
..finally styled and wired it after it recovered...Smile 

Pemphis slanting..... Dsc01711
...I'm not happy of it's front and it's pot, so I decided to repot and reposition it......Laughing 

Pemphis slanting..... Dsc01911
...6 months and counting...bounce 

Pemphis slanting..... Dsc02111
9 months after initial wiring....

Pemphis slanting..... Dsc02714

..and this is now how it looks today.. ...more work and some pruning to do.
.and a lot of patience more to give and some more salt to sprinkle.....Very Happy

Best regards,

Jed Franco:D
Jed Franco
Jed Franco

Back to top Go down

Pemphis slanting..... Empty Re: Pemphis slanting.....

Post  sayotefries Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Thanks for sharing Jed! A lot of development in less than a year. Lots of pemphis love there.

Smile 
sayotefries

sayotefries

Back to top Go down

Post  Tona Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Great job Jed. Nice material to work with and so much progress in only one year.
Tona
Tona
Tona

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:49 am

These Pemphis..... I WISH I could dig up something remotely close. Crying or Very sad 
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jed Franco Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:30 pm

@ sayotefries,
....with your name, I guess you're from baguio my friend, thanks for your comments...Very Happy 

@ Tona,
yeah... plants in our region, grow fast...Cool 

@Russell Coker,
....but you have better plants than ours, I envy your maples and pines, bro....Very Happy 

Regards, Jed Franco....Cool 

Jed Franco
Jed Franco

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:08 am

Nice One Jed, keep it up! by the way, next time try not to scrape the bark of your stuff that much, as you know that kind of tree
lessen the lifeline of it..considering the diameter of the trunk..it really looks good as aesthetic thing..
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:38 am

Jed,
Nice tree.
IMHO I think the top of the tree should be shifted more to the right side. Just a thought, it looks to heavy on the left side as if the tree is falling to the left.

regards,
jun Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Jed Franco Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:46 am

@ Ferdie,
   Thanks, pre for your comments, I did not scrape that much, its the natural deadwood since I got it, I only enhanced it and left it that way...
You may be thinking, that's the front I posted earlier but it's not, actually I rotated the tree and make this one my front because of the deadwood of the previous back...Smile ...Thanks...

@ Jun,

Thanks pre, for commenting,... I really wanted to move the top more on the right side....but I had a hard time in twisting the branches since they were old and we all know that when you twist branches that size would be catastrophic, hehe...so I only worked on what the tree gave me, but that it is one of the option and will work for it, and probably choose a more appropriate pot for it....a sketch would be helpful, my friend..Very Happy , but that's too much to ask from you...I appreciate you commenting ang give some recommendations that would guide me and some friends in enhancing our trees...Thanks again, pre...

Good day,
Jed Franco Very Happy
Jed Franco
Jed Franco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down