Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first time - at Noelanders.

+30
chris
dorothy7774
Dale Cochoy
Jose Acuña
Mark Cooper
anttal63
Rob Kempinski
John Quinn
Stone Monkey
Paul B (Scotland)
JimLewis
cosmos
Andrija Zokic
jrodriguez
Ian Young
kingbean
Russell Coker
eric sanders
Jonny D
stephen clarke
xuan le
Kev Bailey
landerloos
my nellie
cram
Walter Pall
stavros
Gentleman G.
Ravi Kiran
Todd Ellis
34 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 3 Empty My first time.

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:11 am

Ryan on the second day working on a collected Juniper. Walter firing questions from the right.My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 3 Img_1211

Back to top Go down

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 3 Empty Re: My first time - at Noelanders.

Post  Gentleman G. Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:16 am

Just out of curiosity, do you know approximately how tall the formal upright Sylvestris on the first page is??? They're all very beautiful trees, this one just stood out to me (maybe cause it took so long to scroll down the image... Shocked ) Thanks for posting such great pics!!

G
Gentleman G.
Gentleman G.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:18 am

Walter thinking of more questions to ask Ryan.My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 3 Img_1165

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:26 am

M Andolfo on a large Spruce.My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 3 Img_1166

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:41 am

My favourite demo was these two French guys. I forget their names but they worked very hard to finish this very well ramified Scots Pine.My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 3 Img_1167

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:45 am

Kevin Willson paying compliments to Sebastian. I noticed the name card in the last photo.My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 3 Img_1212

Back to top Go down

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 3 Empty Re: My first time - at Noelanders.

Post  stavros Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:46 am

Hi Will,
Thank you for the beautiful pics and congrats on your first exhibition Very Happy

stavros

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:49 am

The final touches. Sebastian I found out uses this forum. Get posting!!My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 3 Img_1213

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:52 am

Some of the trade stands. Three of our members in the pic. Stone Monkey in the background, Bob and Chris.My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 3 Img_1168

Back to top Go down

Post  Walter Pall Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:43 am

Will,

thank you for the report. May I clarify that the 'interrogation' of Ryan was planned and thought through by both of us. We wanted to offer something more than a regular presentation. Ryan is very well able to work with his hands and speak at the same time, so we took advantage of that. Ryan gave us a lot of information about Japan first hand, artistically, culturally, horticulturally. Some of this was quite surprising and revealing I thought.
Walter Pall
Walter Pall

Back to top Go down

Post  cram Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:58 am

thank you will for your words....
this was my first demonstration...and a lot of pressure for me
it is very different to make trees in the garden with a coffee and on stage with a walter pall' s comment
i still don t believe it

well...the tree was a scott pine that baudouin de lorgeril gave me as a gift for the demonstration
it was collected by himself in south of france in the early 80's( nine years old for me at this time)
and cultivated in the very special weather of menton during 30 years with one or two light interventions for ramification...
i will make soon a little report of the whole story of the tree one our blog
i didn t take any pictures

walter...thank you again for your comment
i was facsinated to see how quickly you understand the project of the demonstrator and give clearly the transcription for public

as soon i get pictures ..i send...
i promise I love you
cram
cram

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:13 am

I would like to heartily thank you, Will, for giving me the chance to look at photos of those superb trees! Heartiest Thanks!

PS:.... visit at Noelanders..., one more thing to dream about...
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:14 am

will baddeley wrote:Some of the trade stands. Three of our members in the pic. Stone Monkey in the background, Bob and Chris.My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 3 Img_1168

4 and a half Will, I am on the picture as well Wink

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:39 am

Excellent photo report! Thanks for posting these Will.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:49 am

Excellent photos Will. (Thanks for showing them here and not by a link). Some stunning trees there. Hope I can manage it some other time.

Two questions making their way though. No scrolls used by anyone? (Are there no interest in setting up the displays with the use of scrolls or any other way). I see some uses accents but not many are with sufficient space.
Secondly, I see only few Shohin?
Limits by organizers or not planned maybe?

Looks otherwise like a really great event.

Regards
Morten

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:09 am

Hi Morten scrolls not allowed

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 3 Empty Re: My first time.

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:36 am

Ah. I see it now.....You should have said you were cram, Sebastian. I'd have known straight away. It was the hair cut that did it. Good to meet you though and great work.

Morton. The registration email said no scrolls. Some of the spaces were limited and maybe to get more trees in the show. Perhaps thats why scrolls were not allowed. There were some shohin but for some reason they were very bad photos on my camera. Calling Mark !!!!Feel free to add shohin here if you have some.

Mr Landerloos. see you in the picture and its more surprise that your not in them all!! Whirring around, wheeling and dealing.

Back to top Go down

Post  xuan le Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:54 am

Thank you so much Will for sharing all these pictures and some comments and explanations.
Regards

Xuan

xuan le

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:57 pm

morten albek wrote:Excellent photos Will. (Thanks for showing them here and not by a link). Some stunning trees there. Hope I can manage it some other time.

Two questions making their way though. No scrolls used by anyone? (Are there no interest in setting up the displays with the use of scrolls or any other way). I see some uses accents but not many are with sufficient space.
Secondly, I see only few Shohin?
Limits by organizers or not planned maybe?

Looks otherwise like a really great event.

Regards
Morten

Morten at the Danish show in May in denmark scrolls are not allowed also.
I guess it hase something to do with space for trees.
On the other hand I believe, if you have a good tree it can carry its self, no need for a scroll.

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  stephen clarke Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Will,thanks a million for your photos,fantastic trees,how did you get on with your lovely tree?

stephen clarke

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny D Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi Will,

Thanks for taking the time to post these photos - it looks like it was a fantastic show and your elm looked great! I really like the scots pine as well on the bottom of page 2- the one where you did the cose up of the dead would.

All in all superb!

Jonny.

Jonny D

Back to top Go down

Post  eric sanders Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:26 pm

hello will,

it sure was a great show, and it was nice meeting you.

all the best Very Happy Very Happy
eric sanders
eric sanders

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi Will

Nice to meet you at " Noelanders", I really loved your little tree, created from humble material.
I bought a "ulmus procera" old english hollow yamadori.....it will make a tree like yours eventully, just doubble the sice.
I look a lot forward to spend hours with the tree.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Hey Will, glad you had a good time.

Thanks, not only for taking the time to upload the pictures but for also identifying the trees. I would never in a million years guessed that those 2 junipers were 'San Jose' mixed in with all of that amazing collected material. They're beautiful, and I'd love to know their story. 'San Jose' is readily available here in the USA, though not as common as it used to be. I think here it is somewhat dismissed as lesser material for bonsai, but those 2 prove that to be a mistake!

R
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  kingbean Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Great pics Will,
Thank you for sharing with us and congrats for your first show.
kingbean
kingbean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next