Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first time - at Noelanders.

+30
chris
dorothy7774
Dale Cochoy
Jose Acuña
Mark Cooper
anttal63
Rob Kempinski
John Quinn
Stone Monkey
Paul B (Scotland)
JimLewis
cosmos
Andrija Zokic
jrodriguez
Ian Young
kingbean
Russell Coker
eric sanders
Jonny D
stephen clarke
xuan le
Kev Bailey
landerloos
my nellie
cram
Walter Pall
stavros
Gentleman G.
Ravi Kiran
Todd Ellis
34 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Empty Re: My first time - at Noelanders.

Post  Mark Cooper Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Some of our favourite deciduous exhibits......

David's incredible prize winning maple, in an old Reiho (Tokoname) pot with fabulous patina

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Favjma10

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Jmaple10

EBA prize winning Zelkova

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Eba_br10

Reg's Elm, lovely ramification...

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Regs_e10

Terry's Cork Bark Chinese Elm ...

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Terrys11

Richard's Hawthorn...

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Richar10

and last but not least, Will's English Elm....

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Willse10

Mark
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Empty Re: My first time - at Noelanders.

Post  Jose Acuña Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:31 pm

bonsaikichi wrote:
My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Bobr_s11

Congratulations to all the winners and especially to Bob.
Last year´s partner at Taisho-en.

Jose Acuña

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Bob1jo
Jose Acuña
Jose Acuña

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:45 pm

OUTSTANDING trees, and pots and demo material.
Thanks Will.

Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Dale Cochoy wrote:OUTSTANDING trees, and pots and demo material.
Thanks Will.

Dale

Yes, yes, and yes! And I too would love to work with Kevin Willson. What an artist.

Thank you, Will. Great tree, you exhibited.

-dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:56 pm

Ohh yes. That Elm of Will is certainly a wonderful bonsai.
(And I also missed to say that the photographs by Mark shown here are of excellent quality too. Difficult as it is to photograph on many exhibitions).

- Morten

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Jonny D wrote:Hi Will,

You may have answered this elsewhere (sorry if you have) but I was just wondering what the selection criteria was for the show / how trees are picked?

Thanks,
Jonny.

Hello Jonny. The registration is done through the bonsai association Belgium website. Clear photos and description including specie, height, source, designer and pot maker are requirements on the registration form. Then there is a selection process and confirmation via email.

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:50 pm

Mark Cooper kindly photographed my scotty at the show, I have always found it hard to get a good image of this tree but Mark has done a great job
My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Chris_10

Rfgards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:53 pm

What a great weekend, the standard of the trees was mind blowing, my thanks to everyone involved

Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi Chris,
If you want a good photo of your pine, here's one taken by me. Wink

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Img9852
Nik Rozman
Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks Nik, love the shadowing

Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Empty Hi all

Post  pmjos Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:57 pm

This is the first of the Bonsai Basho Galleries - the english contingent - with Will B of course
[URL]http://www.bonsaibasho.com/micromarket/?url=/library/library/a298[/URL
pmjos
pmjos

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 pm

Chris

Owner and tree together Very Happy

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Dsc00740

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:25 pm

Stone Monkey wrote:Chris

Owner and tree together Very Happy

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Dsc00740

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy, glad to have Chris in the picture for scale. It's about twice the size I guessed it to be!! Beautiful Chris!

R
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:47 am

You were probably right with your first guess Russell. Chris is actually very small....Short even in Hobbit terms. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:54 am

will baddeley wrote:You were probably right with your first guess Russell. Chris is actually very small....Short even in Hobbit terms. Smile

Will Will Will, your a teaser, if he is a hobbit, what are you then Wink

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny D Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Thanks for the reply Will. I might have to get in contact next year I think. I'd love to be a part of it and see the show as it looks to be very high quality.

Chris's tree is very nice, I viewed it at the Newstead show last September - the photos don't do it justice - as ever with bonsai photos!

Jonny.

Jonny D

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:04 am

landerloos wrote:
will baddeley wrote:You were probably right with your first guess Russell. Chris is actually very small....Short even in Hobbit terms. Smile

Will Will Will, your a teaser, if he is a hobbit, what are you then Wink

Peter

I think I would be Larwain Ben-adar (Sindarin) Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:47 am

Will

My elvish is not up to scratch, but I am guessing your an Ent, not saying your old, wooden and gnarley, or Wood Elf? Me well that's a no brainer, miserable, grumpy, short tempered dwarf Mad

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:56 pm

No not an Ent Andy. Older than Mithrandir (Sindarin) Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi Bob

I was your neibour at " Noelanders", I had your entry as the winner, no doubt about that.
I met a man, who was watering your trees, and took him for the owner, maybe he was he you father.

I asked him how he managed to keep the needles of the black pine that short, and he told me, it was a 4 or 5 year scedule, and he had the link......maybe he forgot me, but I am still realy interested in the link.
I will be very happy if it can be sent to me. Smile

Kind regards YvonneMy first time - at Noelanders. - Page 5 Bobr_s10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:45 am

Hi Will,

As I have said before your tree which was displayed at Noelanders was great.. however what surprised me was my friend's response. I had sent the link for Noelanders photos to my club members and this is how he responded.... and attached a pic of your tree...

"Thanks Ravi. Some SUPERB Bonsai there. I loved this one - it looks like a naturally aged tree with natural dead wood, not like the artificially whitened elaborately carved deadwood on Japanese bonsai."

Of all the trees he singled out your tree for his comments...

Very Happy

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  SOUMYA MITRA Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:35 am

A superb panorama of talents .
It is a rare feast of all kinds of Bonsai forms designed in modern, classical styles.
My personal favourite is the only formal upright Bonsai and the sohin H.cypress.
The sohins were fantastic too.
liked the deadwood done (natural or lime-sulpheded or painted white/brown-) they are all with a purpose made from the artists viewpoint.
Interestingly the exhibits were selected thru 2-D photo and the viewers had no problem in appreciating
the 3-d exhibits in its presented form.
A fantabulous display of talents in display and photography.
Heartfelt thanks to all of them.

SOUMYA MITRA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:35 am

Hello Ravi. Thankyou for your kind words. I have coloured the deadwood on my Elm in the past but it didn't work at all. Firstly Lime Sulphur and as you can guess, it looked horrible. I then tried a hint of black in the LS but this gave the deadwood no age either. With the wet rot wood hardener I use, the natural colour of the wood comes through. I am so glad that the image I was trying to convey with the carving and styling, translates and can be appreciated and understood in more tropical countries.

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:05 pm

wonderful trees. Im just wondering about a thing, what is the pistachio planted in? There is something about seeing trees in nice pots like that one, and the small particled "sand" that intruiges me. I think I would have to get a really really big pot, for the cat litter im using to look good. its too coarse looking, and orange that it would look good I think. Maybe its just that I havent got the pots for it for the good match.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrija Zokic Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Storm wrote:wonderful trees. Im just wondering about a thing, what is the pistachio planted in?

Baked loam. Fine granulation is only as top soil, rest is about 4-8mm.
Andrija Zokic
Andrija Zokic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next