Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka)

+4
NeilDellinger
Todd Ellis
杰遨-jie
Pavel Slovák
8 posters

Go down

Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Empty Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka)

Post  Pavel Slovák Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi all friends.

Owner Pine is my friend Jirka. The first styling he made in February 2009.
In autumn 2010 brought me to the Pine restyling. Today I finished the job. I think I did an interesting change.

February 2009
Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Rep_110
Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Rep_210
after first styling 2009
Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Rep_310

before restyling 2010 - 2011
Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Rep_410
work
Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Rep_510
Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Rep_610
Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Rep_710
Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Rep_810
Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Rep_910

today after restyling
Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Rep_1010

Pavel
more pict.: http://www.bonsaivigi.cz/fotoalbum/tvarovani-a-vyvoj---styling-and-development/pinus-sylvestris--majitel-jirka-novak---restyling-2011/

Last edited by Pavel Slovák on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Empty Re: Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka)

Post  杰遨-jie Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:03 pm

very cool!~
杰遨-jie
杰遨-jie

Back to top Go down

Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Empty Re: Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka)

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Yes Pavel you did an outstanding job! very nice thumbs up

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:35 pm

I like the way your carving evolved. Very nice job!
Salut, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Thats a great transformation Pavel. However, I'd like to see the foliage brought back closer to the trunk and the jin shortened.

At any rate, this gives new hope to those of us that can collect at Christmas tree farms!! Very Happy

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi Jie , Jun and Todd

Thank you for yours nice replies . I appreciate it Very Happy

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:44 pm

Hi Neil

Thank you for your nice coment. Very Happy
Yes, I agree, the crown of the tree closer to the dead wood. Unfortunately, now that's impossible. The development will be the next restyle.
But the dead wood I had the whole high. I'm happy with that. Very Happy

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  martin kolacia Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 am

very great restyling !!!! I have to clap hands....

is next step going to reduce trunk in lower part for better siluet ?
martin kolacia
martin kolacia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi Martin.

Thank you for your nice coment. Very Happy The development Budde much work. Line, perhaps uro, jin on the right side. Further to consultation with the owner. Very Happy

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but what does the aluminum foil do?

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:02 pm

The foil is used to keep the foliage out of harms way when using the various tools for carving, etc. Aluminum foil holds its shape and the foliage pad can then be gently squeeze to reduce its mass without serious injury to the foliage. It also makes it easier to see the lines of the tree by "hiding" it. Many bonsai growers will cover foliage (branches they think might need to be removed) with cloth, foil, plastic bags, or paper, on parts of the tree they aren't sure they want to remove (yet); covering it with something allows you to visually imagine what the tree will look like "without it" before you cut it off. Once its prune away, it can't be put back.
Best, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi Ryan and Todd

Todd, Thanks for your help in explaining the use of aluminum foil. ThumbsUp

In this case bylla used as protection when working on dead wood. Protection against heat with burning wood.

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi Pavel,
Yet another magical transformation.
thumbs up

stavros

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi Stavros

Thank you very much for very nice replies. Very Happy Very Happy

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Marko Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Great transformation Pavel.

I had a go at a bit if a virt if the deadwood was extended a little on the right. It would give the trunk a little more curve, also the inside curve on the left has been accentuated, this may be possible with a little shari near back of tree. It just gives a little more movement to the trunk base which would make it look more natural. Improvements for the future when the tree has recoevered maybe?

Pinus sylvestris - restyling 2011 (owner my friend Jirka) Rep_1010

Marko

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi Marko,

thank you for nice coment. Yes, it is possible. Also uro, a new jin of right root and others. But later.Very Happy

Implementation jin to the right side will depend on the choice of the pot.

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:03 am

Todd Ellis wrote:The foil is used to keep the foliage out of harms way when using the various tools for carving, etc. Aluminum foil holds its shape and the foliage pad can then be gently squeeze to reduce its mass without serious injury to the foliage. It also makes it easier to see the lines of the tree by "hiding" it. Many bonsai growers will cover foliage (branches they think might need to be removed) with cloth, foil, plastic bags, or paper, on parts of the tree they aren't sure they want to remove (yet); covering it with something allows you to visually imagine what the tree will look like "without it" before you cut it off. Once its prune away, it can't be put back.
Best, Todd

That explains it very well, thank you!

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down