Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sirius's suiseki

+2
Chris Cochrane
sirius
6 posters

Go down

Sirius's suiseki Empty Sirius's suiseki

Post  sirius Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:01 pm

Sirius's suiseki Dao_xa10
Hello everybody, my name is Diep Dang Khoa, I am Vietnamese and I'm living in Vietnam now. Very nice to meet you here!
It's the first time I join to this forum and post the first topic. I have an offer to join this forum from my new friend in Virginia. I surf on this web and I'm interested in this page very much!
Please look at my collected suiseki and give me an advice about the daiza because I'm designing to the new daiza....
Thank you very much!
(PS: My English is not very good, so that is very kind of you if you correct me, thank you!)

Last edited by sirius on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
sirius
sirius

Back to top Go down

Sirius's suiseki Empty Re: Sirius's suiseki

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Dear Sirius

Your stone looks interesting. But the photo is too close up, I can not see the whole stone, and most of the wooden base....Is it two stones?
Please send a nother photo.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi Sirius... Is your friend from Virginia a member of Potomac Viewing Stone Group, which meets in Washington DC?

I have asked before about the styling of wood seats for stones that have stepped sides. Does it have any meaning other than decorative? The steps carved in seating remind me of the stone steps (ghats) on India rivers as well as in gardens. They also recall productive plant terracing on mountain sides.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  sirius Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:30 am

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Dear Sirius

Your stone looks interesting. But the photo is too close up, I can not see the whole stone, and most of the wooden base....Is it two stones?
Please send a nother photo.

Kind regards Yvonne

Dear Yvonne Graubaek,
Thank you for your viewing.
My stone is only 1 stone not 2 stones. I'll post more clearly pictures later.

Chris Cochrane wrote:Hi Sirius... Is your friend from Virginia a member of Potomac Viewing Stone Group, which meets in Washington DC?

I have asked before about the styling of wood seats for stones that have stepped sides. Does it have any meaning other than decorative? The steps carved in seating remind me of the stone steps (ghats) on India rivers as well as in gardens. They also recall productive plant terracing on mountain sides.

Dear Chris Cochrane,
Yes. My friend is Young Dzoan. Previous days, I don't know about international suiseki. When I met him, he does show me about global suiseki and widen my knowledge. Now I start to creat the daiza for my suiseki.
Thank you very much for your attention!
sirius
sirius

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Hi Sirius,
I like your stone..i think it will also look good in a suiban display,only my comment is the daiza is a little big,maybe smaller?to give more impact to the stone.Keep posting and thank you for sharing.
Regards,
Alex Smile

Last edited by ogie on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Landis Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:13 am

I like the stone and the daiza!! Very nice.
Paul Landis
Paul Landis

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi Alex, Paul, Sirius... Your observation, Alex, is what suiseki enthusiasts can & should grasp readily. The stone's fitting to a seat will be enhanced for suiseki-style appreciation when the stone takes precedent & the seat is nearly absent except for its functionally balanced & close-fitting support.

Still, there is good reason to look beyond suiseki aesthetics in stone appreciation, and Sirius's stone is arguably stronger for his stepped-wall, two-socket seat. The stone is very engaging as it is mounted, & the seating does not limit the viewer's imagination. Focus would arguably move more to tunnel/archway (domon) between the two sockets if this were mounted as suiseki. The landscape view would move from a more remote peak above clouds (present mounting) to a more settled near-view scene (detailed landscape view) anchored to earth or sea.

Sirius's friend in Washington DC (Young Doan) is connected to Potomac Viewing Stone Group. Young's stones are exceptionally evocative and engaging in their surface textures and patterns. Each of Young's Vietnamese stones is seated by Sean Smith (Pennsylvania carver) in a Japanese-style daiza. Sean's technique is superb, and no one would think the stones ill-seated. Combining large figural & abstract stones as well as towering mountain stones with suiseki seating is not unnatural, but it adds a layer of sophisticated viewing which can be jarring when the seating suggests "look at me as suiseki," but the stone suggests, "look at me as figural sculpture, a Chinese scholar's contemplative object or other allusion."

Hi Paul... Thanks for expressing interest in several threads. Are you in the Ameriseki stone group? It would be a great to have a correspondent share their activities with browsers & contributors on IBC.

Hi Sirius... If you decide to mount your stones as Young Doan does, choosing stones which strongly fit suiseki-style will add to appreciation of the view. I prefer your mounting for this fine landscape view instead of a suiseki mounting. Perhaps, Peterbrod will offer a illustration of a daiza mounting in suiseki-style; he is reliable in illustrating good daiza design.

Last edited by Chris Cochrane on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  peterbrod Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:57 pm

I would the deepening of the tunnelSirius's suiseki Nepojm10
peterbrod
peterbrod

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Thanks, Peter, that is an exceptionally well-considered design for suiseki appreciation.

You recommend aligning the entire scene to ensure that the underside of the arching span is level to the earth (or sea)? Your daiza will greatly focus emphasis... :-)
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  sirius Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:56 am

Hi Alex, Paul, Chris, Peter,
Thank you for your viewing and showing me via my stone!
I'm terribly sorry because I'm so busy some days before so I reply so late.
Hi Peter...Your design is so nice! I think I will design follow your showing and post to you. Thank you very much!
Hi Chris....Thank you for your sharing!
I will post detail pictures (infront, left side, right side, behind) of this stone tomorrow!
sirius
sirius

Back to top Go down

Post  sirius Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi everybody, now I continue posting details of this stone...Please view and give me your advices. Thank you very much!
In front side
Sirius's suiseki Img_1916
Left side
Sirius's suiseki Img_1917
Behind side
Sirius's suiseki Img_1918
Right side
Sirius's suiseki Img_1919
Down side
Sirius's suiseki Img_1920
The daiza is so bad and large, I will make a new (maybe follow to Peter's idea)! Thank you very much again for your viewing and showing me!
Sirius.
sirius
sirius

Back to top Go down

Sirius's suiseki Empty Some others

Post  sirius Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Petrified wood
Sirius's suiseki Nguoi_10
Champa....
Sirius's suiseki Vu_nu10
Elephant
Sirius's suiseki Elepha10
fishing
Sirius's suiseki Giang_10
Country
Sirius's suiseki Non_so10

sirius
sirius

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi...

I would like to see quaterphotos of the first stone Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Milan Kulhavy Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi friend, I like the elephant - very good quality of surface. Color of Daiza is very light, it would be good to make it darker.

Kind regards Milan.

Milan Kulhavy

Back to top Go down

Post  sirius Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi Yvonne, thank you for your viewing. Nice to meet you!
Hi Milan, I'll design a new daiza for them and they'll be made darker in the future! Thank you!

sirius
sirius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down