Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

informal broom/oak style = inverse taper

2 posters

Go down

informal broom/oak style = inverse taper Empty informal broom/oak style = inverse taper

Post  bucknbonsai Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:07 pm

Is it generally acceptable to have inverse taper on an oak style or informal broom style tree? I see no other way around it, and in nature its everywhere? I have a huge trident with 4-5 big shoots coming off the main trunk in a vase-like arrangement and figure this would be a good one to do this style with. Does anyone have any pictures of this style that they have done (there is not much on google images most bonsai books about this)
thanks
bucknbonsai
bucknbonsai

Back to top Go down

informal broom/oak style = inverse taper Empty Re: informal broom/oak style = inverse taper

Post  Rob Kempinski Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:02 am

bucknbonsai wrote:Is it generally acceptable to have inverse taper on an oak style or informal broom style tree? I see no other way around it, and in nature its everywhere? I have a huge trident with 4-5 big shoots coming off the main trunk in a vase-like arrangement and figure this would be a good one to do this style with. Does anyone have any pictures of this style that they have done (there is not much on google images most bonsai books about this)
thanks

You're right , it's not a big issues with broom style as long as the branches take off from the trunk.
Can't say that I can recall seeing a broom style Trident. They are versatile styling wise though so it should work. Maybe someone has a photo of a good one.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down