Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new juniper first style

2 posters

Go down

new juniper first style Empty new juniper first style

Post  kauaibonsai Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:16 am

recently acquired three rather large pre-bonsai nursery grown junipers. this is one that has progressed over the past coupla days to first style level.

this short sequence takes you from arrival through today

just arrived
new juniper first style Dsc07734

thinned and potted
new juniper first style Dsc07735

past two days. branch selection and wiring underway
new juniper first style Dsc07736
closer new juniper first style Dsc07737

chalk marks locations for future trunk work. red means live vein-no carving. blue is where deadwood exists or will be created.
front new juniper first style Dsc07738
other side new juniper first style Dsc07740

clearer
new juniper first style Dsc07811
new juniper first style Dsc07813

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

new juniper first style Empty new juniper first style

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:40 am

Looks very promising indeed. Aren't you worried about potting and styling in such a short period?

Back to top Go down

new juniper first style Empty Re: new juniper first style

Post  Loke Emil Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:36 am

hi

I might say, that's what I'm looking for in a bonsai-nursery stock. With as good a promising material, I can only say, that your achievement so far, with this tree, makes me looking forward to a new season of nursery-stalkning myself ;-)

oh. And merry christmas...
Loke Emil
Loke Emil

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:11 pm

yeah will, you're right. but I get so doggone anxious. can't resist. right now the tree is outside (where it lives) in a warm rain recovering from the assault. warm weather gives us more leeway/faster recovery, than other places. more important is the health of the material resulting from the growers technique. if the tree arrives strong and healthy with a well developed fine root system, one can afford to push the limits. In this case the trees are started in pots to establish shape, planted in the ground for size, then pruned, repotted and grown for bonsai use over a combined period exceeding 15 years. consequently, the root pad is very healthy and thick, but thin enough to go right into a bonsai pot. this is a huge plus compared to what I usually work with - collected material with poor to little roots and feeble health.

yes, I am trying to rationalize irrational behavior, however, most of what I've said is based on actual experience. anyway, its the holiday season, so hopefully the tree guardians will allow this foolish human a little more slack.

merry christmas to you and yours.

sam

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

new juniper first style Empty latest iteration

Post  kauaibonsai Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:25 am

continuing progress on new juniper. initial trunk shari. new buds popping

new juniper first style Dsc07824
new juniper first style Dsc07825new juniper first style Dsc07826new juniper first style Dsc07828new juniper first style Dsc07829new juniper first style Dsc07830

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down