Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello to Suiseki people

+5
Norma
Kev Bailey
Alan Walker
irene_b
furuya
9 posters

Go down

Hello to Suiseki people Empty Hello to Suiseki people

Post  furuya Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi to All Suiseki Lovers,

Finally we can post again after many months of dark!
Just to see if it works good a picture of Suiseki New Year 2009 :
We cannot post a picture because Kev didn't it, sorry.

Happy New Year again to you all,

marco

furuya

Back to top Go down

Hello to Suiseki people Empty Re: Hello to Suiseki people

Post  irene_b Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:09 pm

I can always go outside to view lots of rawks Very Happy

irene_b

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Walker Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:09 pm

Here's a photo of me with my friend, Brad Barlow, of Brisbane, Qld, Australia. I got to visit Brad in October, just before the site crashed, so I'll try to post some photos of his wonderful stone collection. https://servimg.com/view/13440888/3
I'd rather post an image rather than a link. I tried to follow Kev's directions from the other post, but this is as good as I can get for now. Will someone please post step by step directions for posting an image from one's files to this forum? https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/13/44/08/88/alan_b14.jpg

Last edited by Alan Walker on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Alan Walker
Alan Walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi Alan,

I'd rather post an image too but it's a limitation of this free phpBB software that we have to put up with.

It looks like you pasted the wrong bit of code. It needs to closely resemble this.
{url=https://servimg.com/view/13427360/12]{img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/13/42/73/60/th/leafle11.jpg[/img][/url} but all the brackets must be of the square variety.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi Alan:

I will try posting too and see whether I have better luck in Texas.

url=https://servimg.com/view/13440449/3][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/Hello to Suiseki people P1010010f64/13/44/04/49/p1010010.jpg[/img][/url]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:56 pm

Alan:

FWIW I tried the steps listed for posting pictures and banged on a lot of keys. Nothing showed, yet when I tried a preview, the image was there, poor quality and all.
No idea how I did it and which of my keystrokes performed the magic.

Anyway, enjoy.

Peter

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Walker Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:12 am

Congratulations, Peter. I hope you can figure out how to repeat your picture posting success. I'm sure it will seem very simple once I get it, but I'm just not up for solving that puzzle right now. I think I'll wait until someone gets a clear, step by step instruction posted. There is a "sticky" post giving the basics posted by admin on one of the other sections, but it was not complete enough for me to get it apparently.
To tell you the truth, I'm ambivalent about the return of the forum. I tend to check it compulsively, and it has been nice to drop the routine. But I do miss the comeraderie and the opportunity to share bonsai, stones and events with friends.
I'm glad to hear that you are recovering from your pneumonia. That's a nasty thing to get at any age. People often mistakenly blow it off, and that can be fatal. So, welcome back to the land of the living! Hope you and Shigemi can visit us this year. Maybe on the way to the BCI convention in New Orleans in June? Hello to Suiseki people Peter_10
Alan Walker
Alan Walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Norma Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:00 am

Hi Alan,

I don't know if you caught my embarrassing struggle in the test area BUT after my son discovered that my Mac uses the COMMAND tab rather than a pc's Control tab we made a break through. I still have to figure out the sizes...I think the last picture I showed was the smallest.

Don't give up.....

Norma
Norma
Norma

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Walker Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:03 am

As you can see, I did succeed in posting a photo of Peter and his wife, Shigemi, but I haven't been able to duplicate the feat yet. I'll try again with the photo of Bradley Barlow and me. Hello to Suiseki people Alan_b15
Alan Walker
Alan Walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Walker Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:09 am

Voila! It worked! cheers
Here's another try. This is a view of Brad's personal museum of shangshi (Chinese viewing stones). Hello to Suiseki people Aw1_0210
Alan Walker
Alan Walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Walker Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:12 am

It might be coincidental, but I've found that using Peter's added step of using the preview feature generated success in posting images.
Alan Walker
Alan Walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Walker Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:39 am

Just one more to see if my signature file is working yet. I entered it earlier, but somehow it disappeared. Probably didn't save it properly.
This is Roger Lunt and me at Roger's nursery, Defined Garden, in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. Brad brought us down there to meet him and see the nursery in October. Hello to Suiseki people Alan_r10Hello to Suiseki people Alan_k10Hello to Suiseki people Rogerl10
Alan Walker
Alan Walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi Alan, Brad and every body,

It is so good to see you again in this forum.

Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Hello to Suiseki people Empty Greetings from Vung

Post  nguyen van vung Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:35 am

Hi Norma, Marco, Alan, Peter, Budi et all!

I am glad you are all back to this revived intimate forum and some more this time I can see some photos of yours.

All the best,

vung

nguyen van vung

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi Vung... You and Budi far extend the forum's appreciation. My local stone club's viewing stone exhibits don't look much like modern suiseki exhibits, & it is joyful to see variety of expression. Budi manages to capture illustrations of so many exhibits in places far-flung. I've really enjoyed the sharing of cultures associated with stone enthusiasm and look forward to more from you. Can you share the website of your brother & sister-in-law, who are developing stone enthusiasm from visitors to their restaurant decorated with mounted stones? Can you share photos of your stones in this re-activated forum?

I'll share one of yours that I love; it was delivered through John Quinn (SC, USA) after he returned from a visit to Vietnam:
Hello to Suiseki people Dsc00036

Hello to Suiseki people Dsc00037

Hello to Suiseki people Dsc00038
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Norma Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:38 am

Vung, Just a quick note to say how happy I am to see you back on the forum. We've missed your positive outlook and poetic expressions.

Norma
Norma
Norma

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:20 pm

Hi Vung! I was just thinking that I had not heard from you in a while. It's good to see you here! I hope you are well.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Hello to Suiseki people Empty GREAT THANKS!

Post  nguyen van vung Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:20 am

Norma wrote:Vung, Just a quick note to say how happy I am to see you back on the forum. We've missed your positive outlook and poetic expressions.

Norma

Hi Norma, John, Chris, Marco, Peter… et all,

I am really happy to be back and this time I am very glad to see the intimate faces of yours ( except John but we have met and had nice memories). Norma, seeing you and I cannot help thinking of Lynn and the time we shared our feelings and artistic comments in this nice forum.
John, thanks for your warm message.
Chris, I must say thanks to John again for his efforts and kindness granted to us.
Regarding my stones to be post, I will do it next week because my laptop ( my data) was just out of order and sent to Hochiminh City for repair Sad

Best wishes,

vung

nguyen van vung

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down