Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pot import

+2
kauaibonsai
Storm
6 posters

Go down

Pot import Empty Pot import

Post  Storm Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:14 pm

Just wondering, anyone dealt with these before?
http://www.china-yxceramic.com/index.asp
There isnt much info about who they sell to, or how much they charge.
Ive sent a mail to ask if they sell to private people. They have alot of huge pots which I would need in the future,
since I will mainly stick to large trees. And I need somewhere to get them as cheap as possible, since the economy doesnt like this.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Pot import Empty Re: Pot import

Post  kauaibonsai Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:48 am

let us know if they respond and what they say. I would guess they are wholesalers and not interested in small lot sales.

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Pot import Empty Pot Import

Post  bonsaisr Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:50 am

My suggestion, if there are no wholesale importers in Norway, contact the nearest art guild or ceramic club. Make the acquaintance of one or two potters, and see if they will try their hand at making bonsai pots. If you get local potters interested, you may have better quality pots at a much lower cost.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:12 am

I was in Yixing in October and visited a bonsai dealer, but we didn't discuss importing.

I will look at the material I was given for ideas, but not until I get home next week.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:04 am

Thanks.
I got an answer. They will ship, the cost would be figured out later. They Only ship orders at a minimum of 3000usd.
They say they are at the same quality as Tokoname, but much cheaper. Ive seen some of the pots measure 60cm x... and only cost about 30usd.
I wont shop there yet, but maybe I could find someone interested in buying together with me when I get a better economy.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter L Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:53 am

Moin moin,

that looks very interesting, but I find no price list within the first quick overview.

On the other hand the pots are fired from 1100C° to 1200C° and that seems to me that the pots are not realy frost resistant, or does anybody has an other information.

Best regards
Peter
Peter L
Peter L

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:24 am

Peter L wrote:Moin moin,
On the other hand the pots are fired from 1100C° to 1200C° and that seems to me that the pots are not realy frost resistant, or does anybody has an other information.
Best regards
Peter

We use Chinese pots all the time here in Florida, and I would agree with the above statement. Although "frost" would not be a problem a freeze would. But, since I am in Florida and grow mostly tropicals, I have to protect everything during the occasional freeze.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Hello Storm. I used to buy Yixing pots from an importer. They are fully frost resistant. The quality of the pots does vary though and some are very nice indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post  tim stubbs Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:28 pm

doyou need training pots or for finished trees ?
tim stubbs
tim stubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:40 pm

Training pots really. I know I can just make my own wooden boxes, and use big bowls etc.
I dug up an oak this year, which I hope will survive, gotta wait and see. Its in a round box that fills 60 litres.
I prefer big trees. Hopefully trunks at 5 inches, and a metre or so.
I dont really need all these high quality pots, cause I dont have many trees. But I would actually rather put a tree into a pot after 2 years, and let it go from there, rather than "finishing" the tree then repotting.
But since I dont have many good trees, I kinda want to try to make up for it by using good pots.. Atleast untill I have better trees. If it makes any sence? I know it wont make the tree better. Atm I mostly have trees that cost 40$ that included a lousy pot.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  tim stubbs Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Storm wrote:Training pots really. I know I can just make my own wooden boxes, and use big bowls etc.
I dug up an oak this year, which I hope will survive, gotta wait and see. Its in a round box that fills 60 litres.
I prefer big trees. Hopefully trunks at 5 inches, and a metre or so.
I dont really need all these high quality pots, cause I dont have many trees. But I would actually rather put a tree into a pot after 2 years, and let it go from there, rather than "finishing" the tree then repotting.
But since I dont have many good trees, I kinda want to try to make up for it by using good pots.. Atleast untill I have better trees. If it makes any sence? I know it wont make the tree better. Atm I mostly have trees that cost 40$ that included a lousy pot.

have a look what Graham has to offer
http://www.kaizenbonsai.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=42_96&products_id=2485&osCsid=ba9b1b4603315ff7e9ff46bd225ead4d

or http://norwegianbonsai.blogspot.com/
tim stubbs
tim stubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Thanks. Ive bought some pots from Kaizen earlier. Very happy with them, but they are just not big enough.
Those you linked are, but they are just plastic and doesnt look good when I want it in a decent pot.
(Im not trying to be difficult here!)
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  tim stubbs Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:17 pm

at 68cm x 52cm is a big pot , how much bigger do you need ?
tim stubbs
tim stubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:29 am

Those are indeed big enough, but I guess Im just too fast to want to put them in pots.
And they are actually almost as expensive as those I could get from the east, which are decent ceramic pots.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down