Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pemphis in a "crescent" pot

4 posters

Go down

pemphis in a "crescent" pot Empty pemphis in a "crescent" pot

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:04 pm

Hi IBC,
It's me again.
I would like to share one of my latest composition. recently this tree was posted as part of my pemphis post. If I would keep the tree in its previous form and in the boring pot it would take at least 3 more years to have some sort of almost complete feel. but i cant take 3 years of waiting then come up with "another" regular tree. So I decided to put some added drama to my tree.
The pot is also made by me...

before.......
pemphis in a "crescent" pot Dsc_1514

in the new pot.....ht of tree form soil line is aprx 50cm
pemphis in a "crescent" pot Dsc_1811

I am gradually reducing the foliage mass on the lower trunk to have a visual focus on the upper branches and trunk.
pemphis in a "crescent" pot Dsc_1810

the pot detail... just still on the experimenting process, so forgive the minor lapses on details, it will be covered with natural growing moss soon anyway.
pemphis in a "crescent" pot Dsc_1812

regards,
jun
Smile

Last edited by jun on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

pemphis in a "crescent" pot Empty Re: pemphis in a "crescent" pot

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:29 am

The two different pots make the tree look like two different trees. Amazing how this is! I like both presentations.
How do you make your pots? I would love one of these rustic pots. Are they high fired to withstand temperate climates?
Cheers,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

pemphis in a "crescent" pot Empty Pempis in cresent pot

Post  moyogijohn Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 am

WELL Hello JUN,,,That is a nice tree! I also like the pot you made..they look good togather,my opion, but the tree looked good in the other pot also..i too would like to know how you made the pot.they cost a lot of money here..one of my trees might look good in one but i have no cascade trees..take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:03 am

Thanks Todd.

here is another detail of the pot...

pemphis in a "crescent" pot Dsc_1813

its a mixture of concrete with two layers of different wire mesh, and some plastering compound I used in building houses to minimize cracking of surface.

regards,
jun
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:10 am

John,

Hello again!

thanks.

the pot itself cost less than the amount would cost in sending one to the states.
I'll send you PM on the amount I spent on the pot.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:18 am

I might have to try my hand at making a fondue pot. Your pot looked like clay to me.
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:28 am

Todd,

I got some more of this kind with real like clay appearance, colors can be adjusted too, the good thing is that it wont fade because the colorant itself is incorporated in the entire mixture. It wont also break because of the wire mesh even when you dropped it "accidentally" at table height, unlike clay pots... the pot posted above is not entirely concrete so it weighs less than pure concrete.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  hirow08 Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:09 am

Wow !
Like what Mr.Elllis said, it's like two different trees!
Im really starting to love this semi-cascade style Very Happy
Very nice pot too! Hope someday i can come and visit your nursery Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing
to take lotsa pictures!!! and also learn a few things.

Thanks for sharing your trees sir Jun!

hirow08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:14 am

Thanks Hirow.

next time I go to my nursery I'll give you a call.

btw. there are lot of good materials right now at UP. I just got 2 huge "kamagong" diospyos sp. a few hours ago. you can check it out today if you have time. lot of trees are at a bargain.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:30 am

Hi Jun,

Good to have you back and with an informative post at that. I had liked the earlier styling of the tree and I also like this new styling. I'd say both are equally good. In the new styling, I hope the foliage of the lower branch grows quickly and extends beyond the foliage of the top branch. That way the balance would be great. I am sure a single growth season would do this. All the best. Interesting how you made the pot. It looks good and blends with the overall composition without screaming for attention. Great work as always... Keep it up...

Regards
Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:40 am

Ravi,

thanks again.
I'm still learning to do this kind of pot...I really am a frustrated potter. and there are near to zero supply of good bonsai pots here. that's why I have to make do of what ever I could find...even construction material and building technique.
......the pot can always be replaced, if it didnt turns out well.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

pemphis in a "crescent" pot Empty Pempis in cresent pot

Post  moyogijohn Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:41 pm

THANK YOU JUN,,,For the information on the pot ...tree looks good!! take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down