Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

traditional for Khaimraj

2 posters

Go down

traditional for Khaimraj Empty traditional for Khaimraj

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:55 pm

IBC and Khaimraj,

two of my traditional trees for you my friend and for the other traditional people,

this is a local cherry...can you identify the latin name (sorry to ask here in bonsai)
traditional for Khaimraj Dsc_1626

the leaves
traditional for Khaimraj Dsc_1627

the other tree...
Pithecellobium dulce

traditional for Khaimraj Dsc_1511

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

traditional for Khaimraj Empty Re: traditional for Khaimraj

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Hiya Jun,

sorry for not replying immediately, it's a public holiday here today. Divali [ Deepalli ] . My friend is here helping with the images I am putting up and we are fabricating my new bonsai stands. The ones I have presently are iron and handle two trees back to back. I need to shift to a narrower stand only 1 foot [ 30 cm ] or so, to force me to look at the trees as individuals. Will send an image later on today.

Ligustrum ? Flacourtia ?

I am afraid, we need Jose again. I can't tell what the first tree is, but the second we have growing wild.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pithecellobium_dulce

I believe I just a few months ago pulled up a - Pithecellobium unguis-cati - to test, not sure. It's got a shape but very thin. I may show it to you, it is thin. Embarassed
Known as cat's claw, neighbour ten houses away has a hedge - hedge means any shape possible - chuckle.

Sorry, tried to get you a mature shrub image - no such luck - this mess will have to do - hope the link works .

http://botany.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/perdeck/bon_097.jpg

Okay where does the traditional part come in ?

Having fun with me again Laughing

Good stock once again. If the first were a ligustrum you could do amazing things with the canopy.
Always great and creative efforts.
Thanks.
Khaimraj

Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:42 am

The leaves look like Ligustrum vulgare or sometimes called "Common Privet". It produces small whtie/cream blooms and has small, hard berries which are almost black. Bird love them. I believe the berries are toxic to humans.
Salut, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down