Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new collections

5 posters

Go down

My new collections Empty My new collections

Post  aaapostol_8368 Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi all IBC friends
this stone i can collect last few days
My new collections Image027
aaapostol_8368
aaapostol_8368

Back to top Go down

My new collections Empty Re: My new collections

Post  aaapostol_8368 Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:08 pm

another collections

My new collections Image028php?i=60&u=15524509]My new collections Mounta10[/url]
aaapostol_8368
aaapostol_8368

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:21 pm

I thought immediately of Piccaso's bull paintings.My new collections 99118910

Back to top Go down

Post  Ka Pabling Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi Bhoy,
I like the first one, at that angle I see a fish can you post other angles of the stone? The texture looks fine and I dont see scars.
Ka Pabling
Ka Pabling

Back to top Go down

Post  peterbrod Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:57 pm

aaapostol ThumbsUp rock ! My new collections Image010
peterbrod
peterbrod

Back to top Go down

Post  ngoquangvu06 Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi ,
The fish
My new collections Fish_110

ngoquangvu06

Back to top Go down

Post  peterbrod Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:44 pm

fish is common,with the kangaro baby is uniqve My new collections Pa090115 Very Happy
peterbrod
peterbrod

Back to top Go down

Post  aaapostol_8368 Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:31 am

Hello, ka pabling,
peterbrod,
will baddeley,
and ngoquangvu06
Thank you very much for your nice suggestions on my stone...
now i can make a new daiza for my stone fish or baby kangaroo, bulls fighting

Last edited by aaapostol_8368 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adddional letter)
aaapostol_8368
aaapostol_8368

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi aaapostol. I see Ka Pabling refers to you as "Bhoy" and with respect. I would prefer using your name if it is okay and correct. There is a little hesitance because calling a man a "boy" could be considered an insult. On he other hand, West Scotland and Irish slang seems to add an "h" to suggest "a tough, a thug or a member of the Celtic Football Club" (Wiktionary re' Bhoy). Is Bhoy a common given name in the Philippines? I need to learn more of your stone world, culture and language.

The fish is an exceptionally expressive stone. I like it placed on an underside support which is understated to allow more presence for the stone.

I also like Peter's suggestion of choosing a surprising image if it is recognizable without adding a detailed image in the stand. Peter adds a plain stand in Japanese daiza style, which he does well. For me, that is not a good match for a stone that is not Japanese in-style. Without Peter's artistic drawing additions, I would have a hard time visualizing the vertical stone as an object.

I really like the plain light-colored seat on another stone. It is arguably in a style of traditional Northern China & the stone roughly fits that tradition.

We can throw the traditions away, but those familiar with tradition will read the result as unsatisfying if the stone and its seat point in different directions to informed viewers. Traditions are not truths; traditions are inventions; we can always formulate new traditions or re-formulate older traditions; traditions which do not reflect the living, artistic & changing eye of viewers will lose relevance and value if not embracing cultural practices & values available to their audience.

The modern, minimalist & non-traditional stand for the fish stone grips my imagination.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  aaapostol_8368 Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:32 am

Hello chris thanks for your comments and suggestions about my stone and name Bhoy...
Bhoy is my nickname it is common name here in the Philippines
Cheers,
aaapostol
aaapostol_8368
aaapostol_8368

Back to top Go down

Post  Ka Pabling Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:58 am

Hi Bhoy,

Its a "mother and child" or a "nursing kangaroo" stone, thanks again Peter Id like to make the dai for this stone.
Hi Chris, fyi, aaapostol is Bhoy, Sancho--- is Sonny, and ogie is Alex, we all belong to a bonsai/stone collecting club.

Cheers

Ka Pabling
Ka Pabling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down