Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hollywood Juniper on Rock

2 posters

Go down

Hollywood Juniper on Rock Empty Hollywood Juniper on Rock

Post  mike page Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:42 pm

I've posted this juniper some time ago. Then it had guy wires to stabilize it. I want to exhibit it in my next club show and needed to get rid of the guys to improve the image, I worked out a system today that does the job.
The height is about 31 inches from the table. The link is to my previous posting.
https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/bonsai-f1/juniper-on-rock-t2305.htm?highlight=mike+page

Below is the current image.

Hollywood Juniper on Rock Sanjos11

Last edited by mike page on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

Hollywood Juniper on Rock Empty Re: Hollywood Juniper on Rock

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:17 pm

Mike, what is the system?

Not sure I like the rock sitting in the tray. Looks too temporary and proportion doesn't look right either.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:18 pm

hi mike.

the tree looks good. almost like an abstract. and the pan like Rob said doesnt compliment the presentation... IMHO- try to look for a flatter rock as the new base with the same character as the rock you have, then placed your "tree on the rock" unto the rock with your tree in position aprx 3/4 on the new base rock. with these i think, it will lessen the impact of your tree presented almost at the center of the existing rock. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes scratch

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

Post  mike page Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Hollywood Juniper on Rock Guy_wi10

Rob
I tried wedging small rocks betseen the base of the trunk and the rock. It wouldn't hold firm. so I had to go back to guys wires. I put them lower on the trunk so as not to have such an "industrial" look.
I'll work out a better way to anchor the tree before I show it. Probably involve drilling small holes through the base of the trunk and then through the rock to the bottom. Then thread wires through and tie in place. When I figure this out, I'll post more images.
Things like this keep the old brain working. (I hope)
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:32 pm

Ok, I thought you had figured out something with lasers and anti-gravity. Wink Good luck with it.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  mike page Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Rob Kempinski wrote:Ok, I thought you had figured out something with lasers and anti-gravity. Wink Good luck with it.

Science fiction bonsai! I like it!! Very Happy
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

Post  mike page Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:54 am

Another version. The scroll is a Photoshop rendition of a sunset image I photographed several years ago.

Hollywood Juniper on Rock Zz-sun10
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down