Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free book - Estetica y Bonsai : Francois Jeker

4 posters

Go down

Free book - Estetica y Bonsai : Francois Jeker Empty Free book - Estetica y Bonsai : Francois Jeker

Post  Paul B (Scotland) Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:49 pm

I recently ordered 5 books from Stone Lantern one of them being Francois Jeker's 'Bonsai Aesthetics'.

My order arrived in sunny Scotland about 10 days later. I was a bit disapointed to discover that I had been sent the Spanish language version of the book. I emailed Stone Lantern and received a reply next day apologising for their mistake and offering to send me the English version, priority mail and all at no charge! They also said to pass on the Spanish version to a Spanish speaking / reading bonsai friend. The replacement copy arrived about 5 days later Very Happy

Great Customer service from Corey at Stone Lantern.

I would like to pass on the Spanish language version to someone who could use it.

Please feel free to PM me or post here if you would like the book (or know of anyone who would like it) and I'll arrange to post it to you.

Paul
Paul B (Scotland)
Paul B (Scotland)

Back to top Go down

Free book - Estetica y Bonsai : Francois Jeker Empty Re: Free book - Estetica y Bonsai : Francois Jeker

Post  Kev Bailey Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:22 pm

Thanks for your warm spirited offer, I'm sure it will find a great home with one of our members. Nice to hear of excellent customer service too!
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Free book - Estetica y Bonsai : Francois Jeker Empty Re: Free book - Estetica y Bonsai : Francois Jeker

Post  Hans van Meer. Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:45 pm

paul burke wrote:
I recently ordered 5 books from Stone Lantern one of them being Francois Jeker's 'Bonsai Aesthetics'.

My order arrived in sunny Scotland about 10 days later. I was a bit disapointed to discover that I had been sent the Spanish language version of the book. I emailed Stone Lantern and received a reply next day apologising for their mistake and offering to send me the English version, priority mail and all at no charge! They also said to pass on the Spanish version to a Spanish speaking / reading bonsai friend. The replacement copy arrived about 5 days later Very Happy

Great Customer service from Corey at Stone Lantern.

I would like to pass on the Spanish language version to someone who could use it.

Please feel free to PM me or post here if you would like the book (or know of anyone who would like it) and I'll arrange to post it to you.

Paul

HOLA Paul, como estas?! Free book - Estetica y Bonsai : Francois Jeker Grote_12
Adios mi amigo,
Hans.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  jjbacoomba Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:11 am

Hi Paul. If the book is still available . I would love to add it to our club library as we do have some spanish speaking members. Thanks, Joe
jjbacoomba
jjbacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B (Scotland) Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Ola Hans,

Muy bien mi amigo. Et Tu?
Hasta Luego (at BURRS) - where I hope we can speak English as I have now forgotten most of the Spanish I learned while travelling round Mexico 15 years ago. I arrived in Mexico only being able to count from 1-10 expecting everyone to speak English. I soon realised I was going to have to learn Spanish fast !! After travelling round Mexico for 3 months, I was able to ask for most things I needed - sadly all I learned has now leaked from my brain. Smile

Looking forward to meeting you at Burrs.

Joe,
Please feel free to PM me your address and I'll send the book to you. I'm glad it will go somewhere it can be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Last edited by paul burke on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul B (Scotland)
Paul B (Scotland)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:31 pm

paul burke wrote:Ola Hans,

Muy bien mi amigo. Et Tu?
Hasta Luego (at BURRS) - where I hope we can speak English as I have now forgotten most of the Spanish I learned while travelling round Mexico 15 years ago. I arrived in Mexico only being able to count from 1-10 expecting everyone to speak English. I soon realised I was going to have to learn Spanish fast !! After travelling round the Mexico for 3 months, I was able to ask for most things I needed - sadly all I learned has now leaked from my brain. Smile

Looking forward to meeting you at Burrs.

Joe,
Please feel free to PM me your address and I'll send the book to you. I'm glad it will go somewhere it can be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Hello Paul. I didn't know Hans was going to Burrs?

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B (Scotland) Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi Will,

I've just realised that I've read last years attendees at Burrs, not this years. cyclops So maybe Hans is not coming after all?
I'm hoping he is after seeing the lovely wee pines he's been posting here recently.

Are you going Will?
Paul B (Scotland)
Paul B (Scotland)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:53 pm

paul burke wrote:Hi Will,

I've just realised that I've read last years attendees at Burrs, not this years. cyclops So maybe Hans is not coming after all?
I'm hoping he is after seeing the lovely wee pines he's been posting here recently.

Are you going Will?

I don't think Hans was there last year due to his back problem. Would be great if he was there this year. He's a huge asset to the bonsai community. I've just been taken on at work with a permanent contract, so I'll have to see how my shift pattern fits in with Burrs. Really want to go though. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B (Scotland) Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:36 pm

Yep, right again Will. I'm reading the 2007 attendees!

Internet's a great thing i'nt it? Maybe I'll buy a time machine instead of a new laptop Smile

Hope you can make it to Burrs - I'll be bringing a bottle of the magical Scots peaty-brown water with me. Idea

Paul
Paul B (Scotland)
Paul B (Scotland)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:17 pm

I hope I can make it. A weekend of bonsai and the "Peaty brown stuff". How can I resist?? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down