Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your number of trees

+16
NeilDellinger
Ka Pabling
john5555leonard
mike page
Joao Santos
Mike Jones
Rob Kempinski
jjbacoomba
Dustin Mann
Todd Ellis
irene_b
Hawaiian77
bumblebee
Kev Bailey
JimLewis
Ricky Keaton
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your number of trees - Page 2 Empty Re: Your number of trees

Post  irene_b Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Ahh David when you have a spouse that also does Bonsai and have a Nursery it is very easy to have lots of ready trees Dance Now if I can just get the hubby to enjoy the little trees more than the Monster sized trees..... affraid
Irene

irene_b

Back to top Go down

Post  David Vanoirbeek Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:14 pm

it's also for me important to have some working trees, i know exactly what you mean Jim, but with a second baby coming i know free time will be difficult to find, so it's better for me to give attention to less trees.
joy of bonsai is both, enjoying and still improving some finished trees and work on a few that still have a way to go...

but time is a thing that's different for everyone and i don't have enough of it ;-)

regards
David

David Vanoirbeek

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:48 am

Nothing I have is show ready, some might be in a year or two. Total trees, from cuttings to potentsai, all works in progress, over 100. Although, I'm not into shows, so there may never be anything that I think is show ready. It is all about the journey, I guess I could go out and buy something someone else made show ready, but that would not provide any personal enjoyment. Till then, I'll keep working with what I have, learning about what I have.

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  MACH5 Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:52 am

I agree with quality over quantity. Also I have limited the number of species under my care. As I have progressed in this hobby, I have found myself focusing on mainly just two species: Juniperus scopulorum and Acer Palmatum. I want to devote all my concentration on these two for now and become really good at it, both in their culture and design. Wish me luck Very Happy
MACH5
MACH5

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrei Darusenkov Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:44 am

About 200 all in all including those in the grownd. Of these, perhaps 30 are showable to some extent. J Try to make sure that all new material is high quality only. Have less success with getting rid of those “older” trees of mediocre quality. J

Best, Andrei

Andrei Darusenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2