Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII)

+13
bontailo
john5555leonard
Ka Pabling
AlainK
cosmos
Hans van Meer.
Hawaiian77
dorothy7774
amazonida
bonsaisr
dondie
Rob Kempinski
jrodriguez
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII) - Page 3 Empty Re: Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII)

Post  jrodriguez Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:47 pm

39. Taiwan White Pine, Pinus Morrisonicolla, Hayata

Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII) - Page 3 Tbca_252
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII) - Page 3 Empty Re: Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII)

Post  jrodriguez Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:49 pm

40. Taiwan Juniper (Juniperus Chinensis)

Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII) - Page 3 Tbca_253
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:52 pm

41. Hibiscus Tiliaceus

Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII) - Page 3 Tbca_254
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:54 pm

42. Black Tiger, Diospyros Ferrea
Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII) - Page 3 Tbca_255
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:59 pm

43. Zi Pu (Stone Celtis), Celtis Formosana, Hayata; in Taiwanese pot
Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII) - Page 3 Tbca_256
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:07 pm

44. Taiwan Juniper, Juniperus Chinensis

Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII) - Page 3 Tbca_257
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII) - Page 3 Empty Wabi-Sabi kind of bonsai exhibition

Post  cosmos Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi Jose
Thanks for sharing such awesome pictures. Surely the atmosphere was energetic and the trees had the wabi-sabi aesthetics. Could you please send pictures of the hall or place where the trees were displayed so that we could get some of the 'holistic' atmosphere.

I always download these pictures and put them on a powerpoint and then when I want to relax I switch on some relaxing music as the pictures flip on one by one. I call it audio-visual relaxation.

There is 'more than meets the eye, when one looks at such bonsai'. Indeed, in some one can decipher some bonsai techniques that we usually know are employed for ficus species such as the growing of several trees together until they fuse. But other species seem to be treated and grown with the same principle. Is this my impression or fact?

Thank you again and best regards.
Cosmos

cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Thanks Jose...
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:24 pm

Last edited by David Cortizas on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII) - Page 3 Empty Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII)

Post  Ka Pabling Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:53 am

Good job amigo, complete ID of trees including english/local name and their latin names, this is how trees should be presented.

All the trees are stunning, no doubt the TBC are way ahead

Cheers
Pabling
Ka Pabling
Ka Pabling

Back to top Go down

Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII) - Page 3 Empty taiwan

Post  john5555leonard Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:42 am

thanks for sharing, I love the premna and the fukian tea . regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  bontailo Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:53 am

Jose,
On behalf of TBCA, THANKS for your hard work to post pics about TBCA 2010 annuel exhibition.

This exhibition was opening in Ming Dou University last month. TBCA & Ming Dou University have a wonderful convention, lots of article were published in the meeting.
Also, Har Hong exhibition will opening in November 20 at Wanni Yiing art center. This will be another National bonsai show.

Lo Greeting from Taiwan

bontailo
bontailo

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:10 pm

Lo,

It is my pleasure to show others and open a window to Taiwanese bonsai. You that Taiwan holds a special place in my heart.

So, the next National Bonsai Style Exhibition will be held in Waang Yiing. Good!!! Mr. Chen Can Sing is a good leader and charismatic chairman. With his guidance, I am positive that the Hwa Fong will be a great success.

All the best for this special event....

Jose

jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:13 pm

Pabling,

Yes. Including the names (local, english and latin) is agood way to bring cultures together. If I ever post a show from the Phillipines, I am sure that Bantoliniao, Bantigue, Agoho and other similar names will be employed.

The Phillipines are really making progress, particularly with Bantigue (Pemphis Acidula).

Did you get my stone?

Kind regards,

Jose
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Meislik Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:33 pm

Thanks for posting these images.
They continue to show the world the high quality of Taiwan bonsai. It is a mark for many of us to aim for.
Warmest regards,
Jerry
www.bonsaihunk.us
Jerry Meislik
Jerry Meislik

Back to top Go down

Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII) - Page 3 Empty Taiwan Bonsai Creators Exhibition 2010 (Number XIII)

Post  Ka Pabling Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi Jose,
The diospyros ferrea and maba buxifolia (bantolinao) are the same? At first, I thought it was Kamagong but when I look at the leaves, it is bantolinao.

When did you send the stone? Sorry I did'nt get it.

We are now preparing for 2012 ABFF, the venue will be at Clark Pampanga

Best regards
Pabling
Ka Pabling
Ka Pabling

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose O. Rivera Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:26 am

Jose, thank for sharing this wonderful photos.
Jose O. Rivera
Jose O. Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  Smithy Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:32 am

Jose Luis!,
Thanks for putting these up , i can't believe you can have so many exceptional trees in one place. I daren't go out and look at mine now. no , i love my trees really. Thanks again.
Smithy
Smithy

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks for posting! cheers
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:16 pm

Pabling,

In fact, Maba Buxifolia was put under the Diospyros family recently. I too get confused at times.

I will check with my postal service at once. I am sure they can give me an answer. The ABFF, great!!! Who will be headlining the event?

To Jose & Smithy:

Like Jerry said, this is a mark for us to aim for. With hard work, technique and perseverance it is possible. Like Lord Buddha said: "With adversity, there's (comes) opportunity....."

Kind Regards,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Ka Pabling Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:08 am

Jose,
Remember when you were asking me about kamagong which belongs to diospyros family and bantulinao which is maba buxifolia, I told you that they are relatives. The leaves of bantolinao are thicker and leathery and rounded while that of kamagong(diospyros) is a bit pointed. They are both magnificent materials for bonsai.The one you showed is definitely maba buxifolia.
The PBSI will head the show.
Regards
Pabling
Ka Pabling
Ka Pabling

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:30 pm

Pabling,

I do remember. Like you said, they are great material. Round-thick leaf, shiny , good trunk color, lends itself to continious pruning...what more can one ask for?

Kind regards,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3