Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn".

+33
Rick36
Pavel Slovák
Jesse
bonsai monkey
Bob Pressler
David Noya
abcd
Jesse McMahon
wabashene
Harleyrider
Mitch Thomas
Dan Barton
landerloos
Seth Ellwood
Storm
ShohinDude
AdamG
alonsou
will baddeley
Lee Brindley
David Carvalho
Russell Coker
martin kolacia
Mark Cooper
fiona
my nellie
Rui Marques
Peter E.
Victrinia Ridgeway
Ian Young
Jeremy
Mike Jones
Hans van Meer.
37 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn". - Page 4 Empty Re: Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn".

Post  Hans van Meer. Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:58 pm

Jesse wrote:Great info and trees Hans. Thank you for the time and effort that have gone into this thread. I love the way the original Hawthorne has turned out and I'm sure glad that literati came around.

Thanks Jesse! It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the little story of this tree! You can find more stories of my trees on my website (link below)!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn". - Page 4 Empty Re: Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn".

Post  Hans van Meer. Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:40 pm

landerloos wrote:Just did it for my kids Hans, a few days early because during the week they are at there mothers place.

Zie ginds komt de stoomboot uit spanje weer aan.................................................

Peter

Hij brengt ons Sint nicolaas ik zie hem al staan! Very Happy
We have just finished watching the 2010 Dutch horror classic "Sint" ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sf7S6eDu4 That film shows us a complete different children's friend! Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn". - Page 4 Addemo18
I am currently happily sipping away one of my presents, "Remy Martin" with some chocolate truffles from Belgium! I love Sinterklaas! No mater what they say in this film! cheers cheers
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:47 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote:
landerloos wrote:Just did it for my kids Hans, a few days early because during the week they are at there mothers place.

Zie ginds komt de stoomboot uit spanje weer aan.................................................

Peter

Hij brengt ons Sint nicolaas ik zie hem al staan! Very Happy
We have just finished watching the 2010 Dutch horror classic "Sint" ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sf7S6eDu4 That film shows us a complete different children's friend! Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn". - Page 4 Addemo18
I am currently happily sipping away one of my presents, "Remy Martin" with some chocolate truffles from Belgium! I love Sinterklaas! No mater what they say in this film! cheers cheers
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

mmmmm belgian truffles, send me some Hans Wink
Have to see that movie, I am a horror fan affraid

enjoy your gifts
Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:20 pm

landerloos wrote:

enjoy your gifts
Peter

Peter PM me your address and I will send you a copy! No problemo!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Pavel Slovák wrote:Hi Hans
Great job as always. Really "great" little tree. ThumbsUp
Who made ​​the pot? Very good connection to the tree and pot. ThumbsUp
Greetings Pavel

Thanks Pavel! Sorry but I dont know who made this pot, there is no name on it! But if I remember it right, I think it was Serbia or something like that! This is just a trainings pot for this tree, I selected it because it was deep enough to hold the roots. But I agree that this pot looks good under this tree! Very Happy In the future it will be planted in a special, less deep, Dan Barton pot! But that is for the future and for now it will grow happily in this pot!
Will you be going to the next Noelanders so that we can finaly meet?!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote:
landerloos wrote:

enjoy your gifts
Peter

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

You mean that Hans, I send you my info Wink
Thanks mate

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:08 pm

landerloos wrote:
Hans van Meer. wrote:
landerloos wrote:

enjoy your gifts
Peter

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

You mean that Hans, I send you my info Wink
Thanks mate

Peter

I send it tomorrow! But you got to let me know if you liked it! And dont show it to your children, they might never sleep again on 5 December! Very Happy
Have fun!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Thank you Hans, ofcourse you will get my opinion Very Happy

looking forward to see it, my 13 year old son will like it to I think Wink

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Rui Marques Wed May 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi hans,

Any news about this haw?

Regards,
Rui
Rui Marques
Rui Marques

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick36 Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:43 am

Hello Hans. Have you any pics of your "dancer" hawthorn this year? Would like to see if so, because I have an old Hedera Canariensis which is about the same starting shape. I had not thought about "literati" until reading your post. Cheers. Rick.

Rick36

Back to top Go down

Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn". - Page 4 Empty Update on my favorite Hawtorn!

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:07 am

Rick36 wrote:Hello Hans. Have you any pics of your "dancer" hawthorn this year? Would like to see if so, because I have an old Hedera Canariensis which is about the same starting shape. I had not thought about "literati" until reading your post. Cheers. Rick.

Hi Rick,
sorry but I have missed this one completely! And I would have loved to show you pictures of the dancer made this year, but sadly she died last year. But knowing that they some times come back to life after a year of being clinical death, I kept her in my garden and hoped and prayed! And again the miracle happened, after being dormant for a hole year, some 20cm off the bottom part of the tree came back to live again this spring, with some strong shoots! So I cut the tree down to about 40cm above soil level. If this bottom part of the tree survives, I will have to start working on a completely different Bonsai! But I dont mind, I am glad she is trying so hard! Tomorrow I will dig up some old pictures of her, so you can see the design! She was becoming realy special and than she died!
I do have a picture of my small Hawthorn that I would like to share! It is made a few days ago after I had don a branch selection and branch trimming. Some are left to grow to become new (secondary) branches. This summer and than one more season of fine branch building/filling and than she will look realy great! But I am a bit bias! Very Happy

Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn". - Page 4 26-6_s10

Hope you enjoy the picture!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn". - Page 4 Empty UPDATE ON MY FAVORITE HAWTHORN.

Post  Hans van Meer. Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:28 am

Hi everybody,
last week there finaly was a long enough break in the cold spell, we had over a month now, to get my Favorite Hawthorn out off it's winter shelter and strait into the living room, were I spend two peaceful afternoons of slow wiring it again! With on eye on the TV, were I saw us won 2 colds and a few other medals in the world ice speed skating championships in the man and female competition! cheers The sound of the TV was off though, because I needed my years to listen to some pumping dance beats! After all: a serene atmosphere is important when one works on Bonsai! Very Happy
Below: This is how it looks after the wiring was don and all branches were placed in their desired position.

Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn". - Page 4 9-2-2010

The branches are filling out nicely by now and I realy like how it is progressing towards what I had in mind when I started to style this lovely Hawthorn.

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

"KARAMOTTO" My personal Bonsai website: http://www.karamotto.org/
My Bonsai blog: http://hans-van-meer.ofbonsai.org/
Hans van Meer's Bonsai Gallery
For info about workshop's and demo's only : karamottobonsai@hotmail.com

Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:54 am

Nice tree (and wiring job!). Great movement!

Best,
Dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:03 am

dorothy7774 wrote:Nice tree (and wiring job!). Great movement!

Best,
Dorothy

Thanks Dorothy! I am glad you like it! Wiring is a painful exercise on a tree this size, makes you glad when it is finished for more than one reason! Smile
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:54 am

Hm.. This tree was pretty much dead only a year ago? No wonder you are considered a leader amongst us lesser gifted potterers Very Happy

As usual, great tree. If you ever want to drop it off somewhere, consider a visit just across the border into Germany near Enschede Rolling Eyes .

Jelle.
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  Nunovsky_PT Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote:
Thanks Pavel! Sorry but I dont know who made this pot, there is no name on it! But if I remember it right, I think it was Serbia or something like that! This is just a trainings pot for this tree, I selected it because it was deep enough to hold the roots. But I agree that this pot looks good under this tree! Very Happy In the future it will be planted in a special, less deep, Dan Barton pot! But that is for the future and for now it will grow happily in this pot!

Hans van Meer.

I believe the pot is from bonsai slovakia. They have very nice pots.

Here's the link:
http://www.e-bonsai.eu/product/bonsajova-miska-pa-pao-h19-253/

Nunovsky_PT

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:35 pm

leatherback wrote:Hm.. This tree was pretty much dead only a year ago? No wonder you are considered a leader amongst us lesser gifted potterers Very Happy

As usual, great tree. If you ever want to drop it off somewhere, consider a visit just across the border into Germany near Enschede Rolling Eyes .

Jelle.

Hi Jelle,
I dont understand the first part of your reply, this tree was since I collected it always very healthy!? But I am glad you like it so far and I do understand that you want it, but I think that you would have to stand in line for it! Smile
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Nunovsky_PT wrote:
Hans van Meer. wrote:

Hans van Meer.

I believe the pot is from bonsai slovakia. They have very nice pots.

Here's the link:
http://www.e-bonsai.eu/product/bonsajova-miska-pa-pao-h19-253/

Thats the one! It is a Slovakia pot!
Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn". - Page 4 Empty SOME BIRTHS EYE VIEW PICTURES OF MY SMALL HAWTHOTN.

Post  Hans van Meer. Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 am

Hi every body,
here are some births eye view pictures that I shot yesterday when the sky finally brook open for a few seconds! In these shots you can see how my branch ramification is build up on this Hawthorn.

Below: Birds Eye view of the left side branches. Note that there are several layers of branches that you can see in this shot!

Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn". - Page 4 26-2-210

Below: Birds Eye view of the whole tree, the front is in the bottom middle in this picture.

Trimming one of my favorite "Hawthorn". - Page 4 26-2-211

There are a lot of branches in there so I hope that they are clear enough?! Wink

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andreasdeutscher Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Amazing tree! Congratulations.

Andreasdeutscher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4