Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satsuki wanted

5 posters

Go down

Satsuki wanted Empty Satsuki wanted

Post  Mike Jones Sat May 15, 2010 7:20 pm

I am starting a search for a semi-specimen Satsuki (prefer Kinsai, but would look at any), I have found that UK stock seems very poor or/and over-priced for what is on offer. I believe most UK trees come in through the same supplier, has anyone got ant recommendations or alternatively I am in the SW of England if anyone is looking to sell one.

Advice from my peers here would be appreciated.

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Satsuki wanted Empty Re: Satsuki wanted

Post  JimLewis Sat May 15, 2010 7:44 pm

The pink, red and white Gumpo varieties are common over here. They're attractive flowers and the plants have small leaves.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Sat May 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Aloha Mike,
Also, you might want to look into a Satsuki "Chinzan" azalea. I got this one from California.

-Tim Cool

Satsuki wanted Img_0346
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Mon May 17, 2010 9:51 am

Hi Mike,
I am sure you know Windybank and Ken, if not, he seems to have a good eye for satsukl and his stock is always of the highest quality without, imho, hammering the wallet.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Mon May 17, 2010 12:19 pm

Jeremy wrote:Hi Mike,
I am sure you know Windybank and Ken, if not, he seems to have a good eye for satsukl and his stock is always of the highest quality without, imho, hammering the wallet.

I do Jeremy and will see what Ken has available.

Many thanks

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Tue May 18, 2010 3:24 pm

It is good that y'all have a reputable, quality seller. Be very wary of inexpensive satsuki, you may end up with less than desirable flowers. 'Kinsai', for instance, is bad about reverting to a round petal flower form that is essentially worthless - but still 'kinsai'. Same for varieties that are supposed to be multicolored, but end up with just red or pink flowers. In the past some growers in Japan have sold off satsuki that may actually be pretty nice as bonsai - but bad flower forms of the particular variety - to uneducated and unsuspecting buyers in the West.

Always best to actually see the flowers you're buying, and do your homework.

Happy hunting!!

Russell
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down