Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Ready for the National Exhibition

+28
Robert J. Baran
William N. Valavanis
Ed Trout
John Quinn
jgeanangel
GaryWood
Dale Cochoy
peter krebs
AJ
Randy_Davis
John Romano
Victrinia Ridgeway
siriwatn
Todd Ellis
Joe Hatfield
Herbert A
bonsaistud
Pavel Slovák
Rob Addonizio
Luis Fontanills
xuan le
mike page
Hawaiian77
jrodriguez
TpaBayFlyFisher
fiona
dinosmash18
Rob Kempinski
32 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Getting Ready for the National Exhibition - Page 4 Empty Re: Getting Ready for the National Exhibition

Post  John Quinn Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:02 am

Great video, Bill! Thanks for posting.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Getting Ready for the National Exhibition - Page 4 Empty Re: Getting Ready for the National Exhibition

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:25 pm

That's a nice video. Gives a decent flavor for the show.
Reminded me again of the quality of the trees.
I could of done with fewer close ups and more general images but still nice.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Getting Ready for the National Exhibition - Page 4 Empty Nice vid

Post  John Wall777 Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:34 am

Great video....gotta be there next year! The pine (Ponderosa I believe) at 2:15 in the video is absolutely stunning...thats what its all about for me. Imported trees are nice< but if we are ever going to make a mark on the international bonsai scene....it must be with AMERICAN COLLECTED TREES!!
John Wall777
John Wall777

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:59 pm

I posted a summary of the US National Exhibition on my blog at

http://blogs.knowledgeofbonsai.org/rob_kempinski/2010/07/12/2nd-us-national-exhibition/

Great memories of some great trees and a fun time. Next one needs to be a bit longer - not enough time to see and do everything.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:12 am

Rob,
Great post on your blog! I enjoyed your fine Bonsai and getting a chance to speak with you at the US National Exhibition. Hope to see you in September at the NORTH AMERICAN BONSAI Symposium.
Best Regards,
Mark

John,
I have to love your passion for Collected American Bonsai!
At the 2nd US National Bonsai Exhibition there were a good number of native trees from all different parts of the country. It is great to see!
We have some pretty cool Bonsai and not that many are aware that we have suitable native material.
This September 10,11and 12 is the NORTH AMERICAN BONSAI SYMPOSIUM presented by International BONSAI. This symposium is totally dedicated to Native Bonsai! The workshop ALL feature Ancient COLLECTED NATIVE TREES, American Larch, Rocky Mt. Juniper, Buttonwood, Eastern White Cedar,Bald Cypress, Pitch Pine and Common Juniper. All are loaded with character and unique features only found in Yamadori. The Masterpiece Bonsai Exhibit will also feature many exceptional North American Bonsai on display to study and enjoy. Oh...the speakers are World Class too! Ryan Neil, who just finished a 6 years studying with Kimura, David Easterbrooke from Montreal who has a wonderful sensitivity with North American Trees, just a great guy, a great Artist and teacher. Mary Madison, Marty Schmalenberg and of course Bill Valavanis, one of the best and most sought after Bonsai Artist-teachers in the world! There is much more info at www.internationalbonsai.com.
I hope you can make it, it will be a great time!

Mark

Mark

Back to top Go down

Getting Ready for the National Exhibition - Page 4 Empty Native collected trees

Post  John Wall777 Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:32 am

Thanks for your kind words Mark. I would love to go to the Native Tree symposium in Rochester, but its to far of a haul for me right now. TN is a long way from Rochester when you have a 100 or so trees to keep watered in 98 degree weather! lol But I wish you well and I hope it goes great. I read Ryan Neal is going to be there, he is one of ther finest bonsai artists I have ever seen. I will be there in spirit and so will this freshly styled RMJ cascade...have fun! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil :twisGetting Ready for the National Exhibition - Page 4 Rmj_ca10ted:
John Wall777
John Wall777

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4