Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai sighting on TV

5 posters

Go down

Bonsai sighting on TV Empty Bonsai sighting on TV

Post  JimLewis Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:52 pm

We don't seem to have a forum for inconsequential things here, but I assume everyone in the USA has seen that osteoporosis drug advertisement. It starts out in a nursery where a woman is spritzing a (I think) juniper bonsai.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Bonsai sighting on TV Empty hi Jim

Post  david Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:38 pm

can you add a website link?

david

Back to top Go down

Bonsai sighting on TV Empty Re: Bonsai sighting on TV

Post  JimLewis Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:40 pm

david wrote:can you add a website link?

Note the "TV" in the title.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Doiron Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:34 pm

If you catch it again make a note of the drug and I'm sure you can find the ad on their website or youtube.
Jim Doiron
Jim Doiron

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:01 pm

Reclast. I looked but didn't find on Youtube. There is another commercial. Same actor.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:43 pm

In North America, FOX network has a new show -- the morally ambiguous "Dollhouse" -- which is interesting, if troubling. Over the last several episodes I've seen dimly in the Dollhouse director's office, a conifer bonsai, probably a pine. Dunno why they show it living in the darkest corner of the room. Maybe it's hinting at something sinister, but they've taken great care to show it, so it may have a role to play in subsequent episodes. Or not.

You can, of course, see Dollhouse episodes in their entirety on http://www.hulu.com/tv. The tree is in sight a couple of times on last Friday's episode.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Jim, I have too many bonsai to spend time watching TV!
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:58 pm

JimLewis wrote:... Maybe it's hinting at something sinister, but they've taken great care to show it, so it may have a role to play in subsequent episodes.

There was a similar "outburst of ignorance" over here a few months back in a British TV cop show in which the scriptwriters and director made a great point of showing how the serial killer kept a bonsai (a larch!) on his living room table. Inevitably, and irritatingly, the two cop heroes drew our attention to the fact that it signified a twisted and cruel side to his nature because it was such a twisted and cruel thing to do to a tree.

Rob's right in that we should simply rise above these things and just get on with our trees. But it is galling when this is how bonsai is portrayed to the uninitiated masses who will swallow it hook, line and sinker. I'm going to switch to Tony's latest post, wish him well in his living art exhibition and ask him to make sure he sends an invitation to the directors and scriptwriters of the well-known British cop show set across the Penines from him.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down