Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!!

+10
NeilDellinger
anttal63
Jeremy
austinheitzman
F. Waheedy
Rob Kempinski
Pavel Slovák
dave grieve
p@scal
Mario Stefano
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Empty Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!!

Post  Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:23 pm

The Spring is here, the sap is rising and my Plums are looking good. This one is a Blackthorn. Took pics with a black and a white background.Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Img_0220

Back to top Go down

Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Empty Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!!

Post  Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Img_0221

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:27 pm

A couple of close ups of the flowersWould anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Img_0222

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Img_0223

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:32 pm

A Damson, planted in the garden. Originally a suckerWould anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Img_0224

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:38 pm

And a Greengage, raised from seed and planted in the garden. It's a wonderful time is Spring. Can't wait to taste my plums, later in the year.Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Img_0225

Back to top Go down

Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Empty Re: Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!!

Post  Mario Stefano Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Nice... flower

I love this kind of tree. I had to! Wink

Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Img0221ug
Mario Stefano
Mario Stefano

Back to top Go down

Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Empty Re: Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!!

Post  Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Hello Mario. I like the virtual very much. I haven't done anything to this tree for a couple of years. My intention is to let it flower, then give it a good pruning. This tree is very strong and at the end of May I will leaf prune and then wire.

Back to top Go down

Post  p@scal Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Hello Will,
I like shari on this tree,
Lots of potential
ThumbsUp
c'est un prunus Spinosa Question

p@scal

Back to top Go down

Post  dave grieve Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Loverly set of plums on you, Will What a Face I like Mario's take on it too - it tidies it up without losing too much of its wildness. Dave
dave grieve
dave grieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi Will.

Really very beautiful tree. Congratulations. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:33 pm

Hey Will, nice flowers.

Don't like the weeds in the soil.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  F. Waheedy Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Beautiful tree, Will. and lovely flowers. Is it still in a training pot?
F. Waheedy
F. Waheedy

Back to top Go down

Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Empty solving problems

Post  austinheitzman Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:15 pm

I like the trunk. I have been trying to figure out what to do with a crab apple of mine, something along these lines could very well be the answer. Any chance I could see a couple more sides of this one? Thanks.

austinheitzman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi Wil,
Very good blackthorn you got there.
Did you work on the deadwood? I appreciate it's age very much.
IMHO, This is going to be a great tree with a great future.How tall is it?
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:46 pm

Will a really beautiful piece of work here. extremely inspiring as to what can be done with such a trunk. IM assuming this is your work or did you dig it like this? Meaning the shari. We have many wild plum here that are just waiting to be collected. cheers
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:00 am

Pascal. Yes it's Prunus Spinosa. Other names are Blackthorn and Sloe.

Dave. So glad you like my Plums.

Pavel. Thanks for your kind words.

Rob. I don't like weeds in my pots either but they have a persistant habit.

Faisal. This pot was a spoil from my kiln and will be changed in the near future.

Austin. I will post some more pics for you tomorrow.

Jeremy and Antonio. This tree came from the same building site as my English Elm with the deadwood. Yes I created the shari, some years ago and then left the tree to bulk up. The carving was done 2 years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:21 am

Here are four views of the trunkWould anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Img_0226

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:23 am

Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Img_0227

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:25 am

Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Img_0228

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:30 am

Hope these help. Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Icon_biggrin Would anyone like to see my Plums.!!! Img_0229

Back to top Go down

Post  p@scal Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:50 am

On top still works, you can see evidence of the clip is not it?? but nice anyway. thumbs up

p@scal

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:57 am

Will,
Really nice, Those flowers & deadwood are wonderful. Can't think of anything I don't like about it. Thanks for sharing these so we can all enjoy springtime a little more.

Neil

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Thanks Pascal and Neil. It's also worth mentioning that the bark on this tree was smooth when collected. Blackthorn seem to bark up quite nicely in a pot situation

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Hey Will!
How do damsons differ from sloe? The reason I ask is that near where I live I’m sure there are damson growing in a hedge alongside sloe trees. I’ve tasted the larger fruit of the perceived damson and found it to be a little more edible than that of the sloe which is far too bitter and dry. How do you get a positive ID? Many thanks for your help. Smile
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next