Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spring color

+4
fiona
HIONBONSAI
Hawaiian77
kauaibonsai
8 posters

Go down

spring color Empty spring color

Post  kauaibonsai Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:05 pm

spring color from the islands

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

spring color Empty Re: spring color

Post  kauaibonsai Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:07 pm

ooops. need to study the tutorial more

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:51 pm

kauaibonsai wrote:ooops. need to study the tutorial more

Howzit Cuz,

How, you get'em?? Confused

-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

spring color Empty spring color #2

Post  kauaibonsai Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:59 am

trying again.

orchids are starting. flowering trees are blossoming spring color Dsc05133[img]http://i66.servimg.c[url=https://servimg.com/view/15061647/26]spring color Dsc05135om/u/f66/15/06/16/47/dsc05134.jpg[/img][/url]spring color Dsc05136spring color Dsc05137

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

spring color Empty spring color #2

Post  kauaibonsai Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:09 am

a few more. some bougainvillea in the yardspring color Dsc05210spring color Dsc05211spring color Dsc05213spring color Dsc05214spring color Dsc05215spring color Dsc05216

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:21 am

a few more. thanks for your patiencespring color Dsc05217spring color Dsc05218spring color Dsc05219spring color Dsc05220spring color Dsc05310spring color Dsc05311spring color Dsc05312spring color Dsc05313

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:43 am

Oh Cuz.... you get some nice stuff man!! ThumbsUp I like your bougies. You get some cool looking figs too. When I come to Kaua'i I going check you out. Smile

-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  HIONBONSAI Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:29 am

Bougies in flower, Awesome!!
HIONBONSAI
HIONBONSAI

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:39 am

I love this one in particular:

spring color Dsc05310

What height is it? Any idea of age?

And, what sort of temperature do you need to get Bougies to flower like that/how long will it flower for?

Oh, so many questions!!!

Thanks for sharing your pics from a very jealous northern temperate (i.e. bloody cold in winter) zonee*.

Fiona

* apologies to Jim Lewis - that was nearly as bad as "asylee".
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:56 pm

And, what sort of temperature do you need to get Bougies to flower like that/how long will it flower for?

I'm sure he has a much longer blooming season that I do, but my bougie is in bloom most of the year -- including winter when it is being tortured inside my sun room. If you stress them, they will bloom. In Hawaii, they may need less stress.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:54 pm

JimLewis wrote:

I'm sure he has a much longer blooming season that I do, but my bougie is in bloom most of the year -- including winter when it is being tortured inside my sun room. If you stress them, they will bloom. In Hawaii, they may need less stress.

Howzit Jim,

Your right on the money!! ThumbsUp In Hawaii they start blooming in January and pretty much bloom all year round. The airport bougies I got four weeks ago are starting to have new shoots. Dance Dance

-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Great! You have a really nice garden there. Thanks for posting.
If you get the time, please put up some of the trees in singleshots.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

spring color Empty thanks for commenting

Post  kauaibonsai Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:29 pm

thanks for the responses, everyone. appreciate the feedback.

maui hawaiian - anytime you come our way, you're welcome.

Fiona - the tree's dimensions. H 21.5", W 23", Trunk base 10.5 " approx age. 50 yrs. ave. temp year around where I live. day mid-low 80's (f). night mid-low 70's. from first budding to full flower, the process can span one month.

Jim - where I live, bougainvillea flower year around without the need for artificial stressing, however, every tree does not develop a full display of blossoms every time. bougainvillea flowers only at the ends of new growth. besides a good fertilization program, the best way to insure flowering is to cut the tree back hard after it blossoms.

storm - yes, I will post some individual pictures here are a few. grape, bougainvillea
spring color Dsc00411spring color Dsc0311146&u=15061647]spring color Dsc03110[/url]

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:36 pm

Mahalo Cuz..... I can ask.... what part of Kaua'i you stay??

-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:52 pm

poipu

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:10 pm

few morespring color Dsc04011spring color Dsc04711spring color Dsc04312spring color Dsc04313spring color Dsc00912spring color Dsc04511spring color Dsc00913spring color Dsc03411spring color Dsc03412spring color Dsc03210spring color Dsc04810spring color Dsc01810

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaistud Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:28 am

Really cool bonsai my friend...

Where is Poipu? I spent 11 days on the North Coast...33 years ago. Missed Poipu. Didn't really see much beyond the airport and the North Coast...

By the way...I have two lovely grandaughters whose other grandfather is a Hamasaki...from Kauii. I met the girls grandmother about 2 weeks before leaving for Kauii...

Pat…mounted on my trusty stead, riding off wildly in all directions…
bonsaistud
bonsaistud

Back to top Go down

Post  hibonsai Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:27 am

could you please post more pictures of individual trees that can be seen at a distance in our posted pictures. you can't make out exactly what species they are.

hibonsai

Back to top Go down

spring color Empty poipu

Post  kauaibonsai Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:49 am

hi pat. poipu is on the south side of the island. small world that your family includes relatives from this island.

hibonsai - sorry, don't understand what you are asking.

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  hibonsai Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:17 pm

sorry i wasn't more clear. i just wanted to see more close-up pictures of some species i couldn't make in your distant shots.

in pic #1, is that a bougie in the blue pot?

in pic #2, is that a Vitex rotundifolia?

in pic #7, is that a buttonwood above the bougie?

hibonsai

Back to top Go down

spring color Empty tree ID

Post  kauaibonsai Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:16 pm

OK, now I understand. you have sharp eyes. yes, the tree in the blue pot is a BIG purple bougainvillea. my best flowering tree for a host of reasons. the tree in #2 is a vitex a very old one with a beautiful trunk. the tree in #7 is premna microphylla as was the raft on pg 2 , #10.[url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php? here are some closer looks at the pohinahina .=68&u=15061647]spring color Dsc02510[/url]some spring color Dsc02511spring color Dsc02512[url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php? i=71&u=15061647]spring color Dsc02610[/url] a smaller one

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  hibonsai Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:57 pm

all i can say is wow, beautiful, old, and extremely gnarly looking! i love it! thanks for going to the trouble and posting the pics

hibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  hibonsai Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:11 am

Do you have any buttonwoods?

hibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down