Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Acer palmatum spring color

2 posters

Go down

Some Acer palmatum spring color Empty Some Acer palmatum spring color

Post  Marty Weiser Thu May 14, 2009 5:25 pm

Here are some spring color pictures of some of my Japanese maples from seedlings that I took this evening (we are about a month behind a normal spring). Comments and suggestions appreciated - they are at various stages of development and mostly far from show quality.

This one was styled in 2007, but had a rough 2008 so the apex needs work. The branches are starting to come along.
Some Acer palmatum spring color A_palm13

This is a forst I assembled in 2005. The image tells me that I need to do something about the heavy root. Later in the summer the difference between the seedlings is not as evident.
Some Acer palmatum spring color A_palm14

I know shari on maples is not the norm, but when this one died back I decided I liked it. The top is coarse to try to get better taper - it will get cut back this summer to a couple of well placed buds.
Some Acer palmatum spring color A_palm15

This is a nice red seedling that is ready for some initial styling. You can see the saucers I use to get a good flat root base.
Some Acer palmatum spring color A_palm16

Finally the nebari of one where I lost the top and need to redevelop.
Some Acer palmatum spring color A_palm17

Marty Weiser

Back to top Go down

Some Acer palmatum spring color Empty Re: Some Acer palmatum spring color

Post  Kev Bailey Thu May 14, 2009 11:16 pm

Even with the brightness of my monitor turned to maximum your pics appear too dark Marty. Using the tools in a graphics program isn't too difficult and can easily rescue underexposed shots , often with very good results.
Some Acer palmatum spring color Marty10
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down