Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRUIT STONE

5 posters

Go down

FRUIT STONE Empty FRUIT STONE

Post  ngoquangvu06 Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Display stones as fruit shop – Lam Dong province - Vietnam

FRUIT STONE 6-1

ngoquangvu06

Back to top Go down

FRUIT STONE Empty Re: FRUIT STONE

Post  ngoquangvu06 Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:09 pm

FRUIT STONE - MALAYSIA – 2008 at Kedah Competition

FRUIT STONE 6-2

ngoquangvu06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Seen individually on a dark daiza, the fruit stone appears far more attractive than the massed group above. I do like them all though.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:00 pm

The variety of attraction for naturally contoured stones of distinction suggests an emotional bond. We have it with trees, too, as expressed in bonsai. There is a similar bond to landscapes--especially those connected to our homeland.

A "stone fruit" has many resonances. Stone as Fruit is one, but it also recalls the prunus genus in plants. Prunus (stone fruits) that I readily recall are plums, cherries, peaches, & apricots-- plants producing soft fleshy fruit around a hard (stone) pith. It is very earthy, even sensual, to think of stone fruits, their texture, their beauty & their decay. Layers of allusion & meaning can lift the feeling expressed by a stone as fruit to great passion.

As busy as I know Kev Bailey is in administering our forum, he teaches school & manages a modest bonsai & video production business. He is devoted to his family & students as well as to experiencing nature-in-the-flesh. On an Easter weekend, he also assures that far-flung friends are not forgotten throughout IBC forums. It is such a pleasure to be connected to Ngoquangvu & to Kevin Bailey this Easter weekend.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  THANH LONG Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:07 pm

The fruits stone of your beautiful.I like really.

THANH LONG

Back to top Go down

Post  Heven Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:55 pm

FRUIT STONE Melon10
Heven
Heven

Back to top Go down

FRUIT STONE Empty MY FRUIT STONE

Post  ngoquangvu06 Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:50 pm

MY FRUIT STONE

FRUIT STONE K_1

FRUIT STONE L_2

ngoquangvu06

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi Ngoquangvu... Is that a fungus behind the last fruit stone? If so, can you share how you prepare & display them?
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi Heven... The display of a fruit stone which you offered feels very natural. Taking advantage of an an unexpected angle of mounting, it would add variety for an exhibit of typical vertically-balanced stones standing stones & horizontal stones. Its dynamic angle makes the 'fruit' seem more alive.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Heven Wed May 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your comment. It is very good:)

Heven

Chris Cochrane wrote:Hi Heven... The display of a fruit stone which you offered feels very natural. Taking advantage of an an unexpected angle of mounting, it would add variety for an exhibit of typical vertically-balanced stones standing stones & horizontal stones. Its dynamic angle makes the 'fruit' seem more alive.
Heven
Heven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down