Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juniper Can anyone please ID the type for me>

Go down

Juniper Can anyone please ID the type for me> Empty Juniper Can anyone please ID the type for me>

Post  Dianne Fincham Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi,
I have had this Juniper for many years now. I would like to take some cuttings in hope of transforming them into bonsai. I would like to find out what type of Juniper it is Question It has always lived out of doors, and is quite happy. I live in Cornwall UK, so our weather is quite mild compared to most.
It has small berries on, which i have already taken some in hope that the seeds may take, (having read about someone else trying this). The best i have come up with as far as ID is: Juniperus communis Prostrata or Hornibrookii? Its quite a large tree, not very high about 8" 20cm) and it spreads out about 3' (1mtr)
I have put some photos below, the first shows it out in the snow just a couple of months ago. The second, is how it is looking now, (in need of weeding etc Embarassed ) and the third is a close up of the leaves. The leaves are green with silver on the upper side. Sorry the photos are not better.

Juniper Can anyone please ID the type for me> Juniperinthesnow

Juniper Can anyone please ID the type for me> Juniper

Juniper Can anyone please ID the type for me> Junipercloseup

Many thanks to anyone taking the trouble to look, any help what so ever would be very much apreciated. Along with any tips on how to go about this task scratch
Dianne

Dianne Fincham

Back to top Go down

Juniper Can anyone please ID the type for me> Empty Juniper Can anyone please ID the type for me>

Post  Guest Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Hello Dianne. Looks like one of the Squamata varieties. Maybe Blue carpet.

Back to top Go down

Juniper Can anyone please ID the type for me> Empty Re: Juniper Can anyone please ID the type for me>

Post  Dianne Fincham Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I will look that up, and compare them, thank you.
Dianne

Dianne Fincham

Back to top Go down

Juniper Can anyone please ID the type for me> Empty Re: Juniper Can anyone please ID the type for me>

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down