Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring is coming?

+8
anttal63
dorothy7774
AlainK
amazonida
pine queen
Storm
Todd Ellis
bontailo
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spring is coming? - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring is coming?

Post  pine queen Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:33 pm

I am a product of West coast (California) design teachings second generation perhaps third. I was taught to remove all upward and downward growth and wire only laterals as shown in example 'A'. Now I see branch structure from the Far East (really far West) that I like even better with mutiple branches and branchlets as shown in 'B'. It seems all new growth is wired in position regardless its proximity to the branch to achieve such a 'thicket' of growth. Elevation means only, looking at same branch but from the side. The initial drawing is a bird's eye view. 'A' has much less tertiary branches than 'B'. 'A' is West coat while 'B' is Far East design practice. Below is a 'B'. I like the generation changes concept Jose Luis. That is very interesting.

Q

Spring is coming? - Page 2 Lo-3_010Q

pine queen

Back to top Go down

Spring is coming? - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring is coming?

Post  Jay Gaydosh Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:05 pm

Got up this morning and had the opportunity to open the cold frame for the day, man it feels great outside. Sun is shining and temps at 11:04 am is 39*F. Hot dog, we're having a heat wave! thumbs up
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2