Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for Pictures

Go down

Request for Pictures Empty Request for Pictures

Post  bonsaisr Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:34 pm

Some of you have seen the articles I wrote for International Bonsai magazine on growing bonsai under fluorescent lights. I am writing a PowerPoint on the subject. I have been trying to find pictures of the history of indoor gardening, to no avail. I tried contacting the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Sylvania, what remains of the Indoor Light Gardening Society, and the museum that houses the Westinghouse archives, all without success. There is little that I can use on the Internet.
It would be nice to have a picture of the fluorescent light exhibit at the World's Fair (I was there), a picture of one of the old grow-light fixtures with places for incandescent bulbs, and pictures of early attempts at growing bonsai indoors. Also, I could use a few pictures of modern setups, especially with T-5 lights. I am excluding HID lamps, because that is really quite a different environment. I don't expect to make any big money on this, just my expenses. If anybody has any suitable pictures, it would be most appreciated. Of course all due credit will be given.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down