Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kishu Juniper

4 posters

Go down

Kishu Juniper Empty Kishu Juniper

Post  F. Waheedy Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:11 pm

Hello Everyone,

Here I'd like to show my Kishu Juniper which I bought last summer. I decided to take it to BURRS and in just a few hours the tree was completely transformed. Thank you Tony. I will be re-potting it this spring into one of Andy's beautiful round pot.

I'm very happy with the result. Hope you like it too.

Regards,

Faisal

Kishu Juniper 110

Kishu Juniper 210

Kishu Juniper 310

Kishu Juniper 410

Kishu Juniper 510

Kishu Juniper 610

Kishu Juniper 710

Kishu Juniper 810

Kishu Juniper Cc2_3510
F. Waheedy
F. Waheedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi Faisal. Can't view pictures at work, its so frustrating Mad Looks like I'll have to wait till next year. Looking forward to the Yew as well. Happy New Year Very Happy drunken Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Nicely simplified Very Happy Do you intend repotting at its present angle?Might look better tilted to the right Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Kishu Juniper Empty Re: Kishu Juniper

Post  F. Waheedy Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi Will,

Thanks for your encouraging comments. It will be tilted a little to the right. not too much though.
Will post some pics once it's done.

Regds,

Faisal
F. Waheedy
F. Waheedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Moquin Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Nice transformation! I wouldn't mind your/Tony's thoughts toward the large reduction though.
Rick Moquin
Rick Moquin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Rick Moquin wrote:Nice transformation! I wouldn't mind your/Tony's thoughts toward the large reduction though.

Faisal wanted a powerful 'little' tree. When the material was first presented, the 'interesting' deadwood was far removed from the foliage. Working on the 'Make the smallest tree possible' principal this design was arrived at... the foliage pads need to mature of course, and lots of fine wiring must take place. The basic design was created at Burrs and Faisal was to wire the rest when the foliage filled out.

Will is correct in the planting 'angle' needs to change from the photo presented.

Whilst on the subject of 'Make the smallest tree possible' Enrico, Ivo and I discussed a few trees in my garden and some 'Radical' changes to a couple of mature Yews will take place mid Spring 2010.... watch this space bounce

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Moquin Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks Tony. I saw something else but, then again perhaps a different perspective would have come to mind if I saw it in person as was. Looking forward to see your transformations, along with the blow by blow for why. The latter is the instructional part Very Happy
Rick Moquin
Rick Moquin

Back to top Go down

Post  mr treevolution Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:11 am

There is the Less is More approach, which makes sense in various situations; but why always make the smallest tree possible?
To me doesnt make sense with all material, especially if the tree ends up with an ugly set of loopy bends at the top that dont look anywhere near natural.
Just a thought
Regards Nick

mr treevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:55 am

Mr Treevolution wrote:There is the Less is More approach, which makes sense in various situations; but why always make the smallest tree possible?
To me doesnt make sense with all material, especially if the tree ends up with an ugly set of loopy bends at the top that dont look anywhere near natural.
Just a thought
Regards Nick

Hi Nick you are spot on... lots of twists simply to get the smallest tree is way out of the ballpark. That 'way' of styling should and has been consigned to the waste bin. Many years later I have had to re-work some of my trees that were 'corkscrewed' by 'old school' artists during workshops I took with them... sets you back years Rolling Eyes

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Trees like this should go on a longer term horizion and grafting used to move foliage lower. There is no such thing as an instant bonsai. Shocked
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down