Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling

+7
mr treevolution
Tom Benda
Velodog2
Rob Kempinski
yamadoriman
NeilDellinger
Pavel Slovák
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Empty Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling

Post  Pavel Slovák Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi all friends. I want to share with you a sample of restyling Yamadori Pinus mugo. The first shaping took place in spring 2008 as a demo on the show in Třinec (CZ). Today, I pine for the second styling , I believe, improved. Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Icon_biggrin
pic. 1 first styling Třinec 2008 Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Mbe_210
pic. 2 July 2008 Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Mbe_710
pic. 3 June 2009 Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Mbe_810
pic. 4 December 2009 before restyling Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Mbe_910
pic. 5 December 2009 after restyling Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Mbe_2510
pic. 6 Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Mbe_2610
pic. 7 ine and new pot Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Mbe_2710
pic. 8 left side Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Mbe_3410
pic. 9 back side Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Mbe_3510
pic. 10 Pinus mugo Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Mbe_3610

more pict. - http://www.bonsaivigi.cz/fotoalbum/techniky-tvarovani_-pestitelske-postupy-a-vyvoj/pinus-mugo-_trinec-2008_

Best regards Pavel Slovák
www.bonsaivigi.cz
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Empty Re: Inspirational Trees

Post  Guest Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:50 pm

Good work again Pavel, have you considered loosing the cascade branch? I think you could still achieve a similar image without it.

Back to top Go down

Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Empty Re: Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling

Post  Pavel Slovák Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:09 pm

Hi Will. Thank you for comment. Smile
I want keep this cascade branch for now . Wink
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Empty Re: Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling

Post  NeilDellinger Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:32 pm

Great minds so they say.......My first reaction was first; very very nice shohin & well done and second to cut off the cascade branch.

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  yamadoriman Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:27 pm

Do not remove the cascading branch !!!!!

This re-styling is top quality.
I personally would try to cover the bend in the trunk with the lower branch of the apex.

OH! S***T. I am on a new computer and forgot the posting of pic's. Question

Image 10 with the branch covering the bend in the trunk. Smile

Last edited by yamadoriman on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

yamadoriman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:02 pm

will baddeley wrote:Good work again Pavel, have you considered loosing the cascade branch? I think you could still achieve a similar image without it.

As I was scrolling down the same image came to mind and WILL beats me to it AGAIN affraid

Just for the record... cut it off for sure...

Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Pavels10

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:09 pm

Tony,
Thanks for doing the virtual.

To confirm, Pavels styling of the cascade is very very good.

But, keeping the branch presents a style that looks contrived. By removing the branch & creating a powerful han kengai, his excellent effort would be that much more noticeable.

Perhaps a small jin would be better?

Neil

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  yamadoriman Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:14 pm

Tony wrote:
will baddeley wrote:Good work again Pavel, have you considered loosing the cascade branch? I think you could still achieve a similar image without it.

As I was scrolling down the same image came to mind and WILL beats me to it AGAIN affraid

OHHH SOOOOO very Kevin Wilson!!!!!

Thought you could have come up with a different alternate. Smile

yamadoriman

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:32 pm

Once it fills in it has potential as a cascade.

Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Pavel_10

Pavel - will I see you in Prague next September?
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Empty Re: Pinnus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling

Post  Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:01 am

yamadoriman wrote:
Tony wrote:

As a character branch, I think it's a bit lacking.It also looks too fat and cylindrical. The next branch up, on the left could be trained in a similar direction and be in better proportion with the whole image. Anything wrong with Kev Willsons work, Yamadori man?.....Who are you anyway? It would be nice to see some of your work Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  yamadoriman Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:13 am

will baddeley wrote:
yamadoriman wrote:
Tony wrote:

Anything wrong with Kev Willsons work, Yamadori man:D

Nothing at all. Have been an admirer for a number of years.

yamadoriman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:29 am

[quote="will baddeley"

As a character branch, I think it's a bit lacking.It also looks too fat and cylindrical. The next branch up, on the left could be trained in a similar direction and be in better proportion with the whole image. Anything wrong with Kev Willsons work, Yamadori man?.....Who are you anyway? It would be nice to see some of your work Very Happy[/quote]

Ok, it remains your right to anonymity, And it wont be me who unveils you, obviously!! I just struggle with people that feel the need to hide Cool .... Could it be Henry....... the mild mannered janitor?.......could be!!! Get posting man Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:20 am

Thank you all for reply and compliment.

Hi Tony , thank you for the virtual, but there remains the lower branch. At least for now. Very Happy Very Happy Wink

Hi Rob, thank you for the virtual, Very Happy After a while it may look good, only the lower branch I had more separate. Wink Pot will probably be good. Very Happy
Rob, very nice to see you in Prague.

I wish everyone a happy new year. Very Happy Very Happy
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:59 am

yamadoriman wrote:OHHH SOOOOO very Kevin Wilson!!!!! Thought you could have come up with a different alternate. Smile

Ha yamadoriman such a vacuous comment, removing a single branch turns a tree into one specifically styled by another artist, Kevin (please spell his name correctly) would be mortified that you consider he has only one style.

Will... trying to tease a rabbit out of a hole requires a bigger carrot, for a reason why yamadoriman chooses NOT to reveal his name HERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:46 pm

Thanks Tony Very Happy

Pavel, I am only suggesting the removal of the cascade branch. Bonsai, as you well know is subjective and its your tree and styling at the end of the day. Members of the forum have suggested I remove certain branches from my trees and while I can see where they're coming from, I have chosen not to do so. Very good work indeed Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Velodog2 Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:11 pm

I like Tony's virtual very much. Removing that branch doesn't just change the style it changes the entire scale of the tree making it much more impressive. A picture may not be definitive though and perhaps in real life it doesn't work as well.

Velodog2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Benda Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:15 am

Cut or not to cut? Create an almost sumo shohin or keep the cascade?
That was the reason why I gave this tree to Pavel. Now it depends on him. Respect to his choice and taste.

Tom Benda

Back to top Go down

Post  mr treevolution Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:36 pm

affraid Man i hate trolls! Darn things seem to be everywhere, loads in Norway.
Another nice tree Pavel and another lovely progression.
Trouble is you have had various top suggestions towards its future, almost be great to have two identical trees to try them out on!
I really like the image with the low branch removed with maybe a larger jin, which could be reduced further in time as the new low branch develops. And there are many ways that branch could grow....
Kevin Wilson well theres another thread altogether, top artist.....
regards Nick

mr treevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:20 pm

Mr Treevolution wrote:affraid Man i hate trolls! Darn things seem to be everywhere, loads in Norway.
Another nice tree Pavel and another lovely progression.
Trouble is you have had various top suggestions towards its future, almost be great to have two identical trees to try them out on!
I really like the image with the low branch removed with maybe a larger jin, which could be reduced further in time as the new low branch develops. And there are many ways that branch could grow....
Kevin Wilson well theres another thread altogether, top artist.....
regards Nick

I.ve known and admired Kevin for 8 or so years and even had the honour of Demonstrating with him Very Happy He is a huge tallent and a very helpful one at that. He has been living and working in Spain for a few years, but is due back in the UK this year. Cann't wait Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Empty restyling -January 2011

Post  Pavel Slovák Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi all friends.

Pine trees were replanted in the spring of 2010 a new pot.
Today I completed the restyling. The tree is now ready for spring 2011. Very Happy
Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Kta10
Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Kta_510
back side after restyling
Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Kta_710

front side after restyling
Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Kta_1010
Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Kta_1210

Pavel
more pict.: http://www.bonsaivigi.cz/fotoalbum/tvarovani-a-vyvoj---styling-and-development/pinus-mugo-_trinec-2008_/
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  shimsuki Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Neat tree!
shimsuki
shimsuki

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:51 pm

Hi Andrew

Thank you for nice coment. Very Happy

Nice coincidence.Three trees - a restyling of the last days. Very Happy Very Happy
Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Kas_0210
Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Kas_0211
Pinus mugo (han-kengai) - restyling Kopie_10

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:52 pm

I think it is a wonderful little tree too. But that pot, temporary right? Please tell me you have a great pot waiting for it.

R
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 am

Filled out very well Pavel. Still think you should take the bottom branch off though. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:22 am

Hi Russell
thank you for your nice compliment . Very Happy
Unfortunately .I do not new pot. There remains so.Wink

Hi Will
Thank you for your the compliment. Very Happy
The lower branch still remains, while still thinking about it
Wink Very Happy

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next