Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cold weather

3 posters

Go down

cold weather Empty cold weather

Post  bobby little Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:31 am

finally I can clear my lawn of all the enormous gifts donated by my hound. The heavy rain recently has made the sanitation exercise impossible. Aren't I a lucky chap?
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

cold weather Empty Re: cold weather

Post  fiona Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:43 am

Not that I'm advocating you try this at home folks, but I have a friend who loves this time of year with regard to that clean-up operation you mention.

This is because the frost allows him to get out his No 7 iron and chip the offending items into the garden of a neighbour whose cat repeatedly uses his garden as its own personal litter tray. Thus he offsets a fairly unpleasant chore with the double pleasure of some golf practice and getting his revenge on the neighbour.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:45 am

The first good reason I've ever seen for taking up golf!

An aside, my favourite definition of golf - A perfectly good walk, ruined. Sorry Rob.

Last edited by Kev Bailey on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:56 am

fiona wrote:Not that I'm advocating you try this at home folks, but I have a friend who loves this time of year with regard to that clean-up operation you mention.

This is because the frost allows him to get out his No 7 iron and chip the offending items into the garden of a neighbour whose cat repeatedly uses his garden as its own personal litter tray. Thus he offsets a fairly unpleasant chore with the double pleasure of some golf practice and getting his revenge on the neighbour.

cold weather Icon_biggrin cold weather Icon_lol

alas, my dog is so big I would need a blunderbuss to shift them any distance, and furthermore, they are so large that if they hit the old geezer next door I'd be looking at a manslaughter stretch.
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:08 pm

My friend has three Scottish Deerhounds which is rather a lot of ammunition and in size possibly somewhere akin to munitions used by a royal artillery field gun. I'm sure Rob K will be able to advise on the appropriate size of club for your own pooch's scatological offerings.

Anyway, is this the same old geezer mentioned in another of your threads?

Seems like I may have now suggested the "payback" you were looking for on that.

And this offering marks my 700th post. How very appropriate it is that in it I am talking s*** even if on this occasion it is literally so.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:20 pm

fiona wrote:My friend has three Scottish Deerhounds which is rather a lot of ammunition and in size possibly somewhere akin to munitions used by a royal artillery field gun. I'm sure Rob K will be able to advise on the appropriate size of club for your own pooch's scatological offerings.

Anyway, is this the same old geezer mentioned in another of your threads?

Seems like I may have now suggested the "payback" you were looking for on that.

And this offering marks my 700th post. How very appropriate it is that in it I am talking s*** even if on this occasion it is literally so.

it is indeed, oor wullie. dman good point there...
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down