Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Root over rock

Go down

Root over rock Empty Root over rock

Post  Marty Weiser on Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:04 am

I thought I would post a medium sized root over rock trident maple I am working on. I planted the seed in 2008 and planted it on the rock in 2015 with the bottom half of the rock in a bulb pan and the upper roots covered. This year I finally potted it into bonsai pot and exposed the roots. Still has a ways to go, but it is coming along. I have some newer seedlings in tall skinny pots (6 cm square by 25 cm tall) to develop long roots that can be draped over rocks. Anyone else have a root over rock tree they would like to post? Even it if is in the early stages of development like mine.

Root over rock Img_6710

Marty Weiser

Vlad and Dave Leppo like this post

Back to top Go down

Root over rock Empty Re: Root over rock

Post  Vlad on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:19 am

Very inspirative, Marty. I have started some ROR project only last year. Nothing to share right now. Eagerly waiting for the next year repotting. I feel, it is like opening a xmas present - what is inside?
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post  Marty Weiser on Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:42 pm

I feel that way every time I repot - a present I wrapped up for myself 2 - 5 years ago. When I explained it that way to my wife she finally understood why I actually enjoy the spring repotting season.

Marty Weiser

Dave Leppo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum